- 1 Wikification
- 2 Welcome page
- 3 Articles you might like to edit, from SuggestBot
- 4 Image copyright problem with Image:Artificialurinarybladder.jpg
- 5 Disputed fair use rationale for Image:Somelogo.jpg
- 6 DYK for Propionibacterium freudenreichii
- 7 DYK for Schindler disease
- 8 February 2009
- 9 Wikipedia:WikiProject_Topic_outline/Drafts/Topic_outline_of_medicine
- 10 Wikipedia:WikiProject Outline of knowledge/Drafts/Outline of animal science
- 11 Rollback
- 12 Graphic lab
- 13 Moons of Mars animation
Hi there. You summarized your edit on Plural society as "wikification". I'm here to explain what you should preferebly have done.
When an article needs to be "wikified" it means there are little to no internal links in it. When editing, an internal link can be created by putting double square brackets around it. For example...
Society -> changed to [[Society]] -> produces Society
If a word is in the wrong form to be linked you can do this:
societal -> changed to [[Society|societal]] -> produces societal
In the above case, "societal" is seen but the link leads to "society".
There are also other tricks such as....
Indian -> changed to [[India]]n -> produces Indian
Hi there, I was just doing my community bit and going through help page questions welcoming people who had not been sent a hello. It was probably an old question as your user name appeared in my talk page. Sorry to confuse :o) Lynnathon 21:34, 28 June 2006 (UTC)
Articles you might like to edit, from SuggestBot
SuggestBot predicts that you will enjoy editing some of these articles. Have fun!
SuggestBot picks articles in a number of ways based on other articles you've edited, including straight text similarity, following wikilinks, and matching your editing patterns against those of other Wikipedians. It tries to recommend only articles that other Wikipedians have marked as needing work. Your contributions make Wikipedia better -- thanks for helping.
Image copyright problem with Image:Artificialurinarybladder.jpg
Thanks for uploading Image:Artificialurinarybladder.jpg. The image has been identified as not specifying the copyright status of the image, which is required by Wikipedia's policy on images. If you don't indicate the copyright status of the image on the image's description page, using an appropriate copyright tag, it may be deleted some time in the next seven days. If you have uploaded other images, please verify that you have provided copyright information for them as well.
For more information on using images, see the following pages:
Disputed fair use rationale for Image:Somelogo.jpg
Thanks for uploading Image:Somelogo.jpg. However, there is a concern that the rationale you have provided for using this image under "fair use" may be invalid. Please read the instructions at Wikipedia:Non-free content carefully, then go to the image description page and clarify why you think the image qualifies for fair use. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to ensure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If it is determined that the image does not qualify under fair use, it will be deleted within a couple of days according to our criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the media copyright questions page. Thank you.BetacommandBot (talk) 11:55, 21 January 2008 (UTC)
DYK for Propionibacterium freudenreichii
DYK for Schindler disease
Welcome to Wikipedia. The you made to the page Propionibacter shermani has been reverted, as it appears to be unconstructive. Use the sandbox for testing; if you believe the edit was constructive, please ensure that you provide an informative edit summary. You may also wish to read the introduction to editing. Thank you. -download | sign! 00:26, 18 February 2009 (UTC)
Hi. A long while ago (May 2008) I became interested in the topic outline wikiproject. At the time, I decided to write a topic outline for medicine. However, I kind of decided to give up, as I didn't see much action on the project and thought my contributions would never be moved to the mainspace. The page remains where it was, and now I've noticed on the community portal that the project was recently mentioned. Though I know that the outline can still be expanded greatly, I feel that it would benefit more from the contributions of many editors if it were actually in the main article space. Is there potential for this? How can I help turn this outline into a useful tool? Thanks in advance, 4dhayman (talk) 20:32, 1 March 2009 (UTC)
- I'm pleased to meet you, and thank you for getting involved with the project, which by the way has been renamed to Wikipedia:WikiProject Outline of knowledge, as each individual outline is part of a greater whole. See the top page at Portal:Contents/Outline of knowledge.
- For the past year, the outline team has been focused on the Geography branch of the Outline of knowledge. We've been busy building an outline for each country of the world, and since there are over 200 of them, this has been taking up most of our time. The reasons this approach was taken were 1) it was hoped that a large body of content would attract more readers/editors, and 2) country coverage is fairly standardized which makes the lot easier (faster) to build. Once we've moved the country outlines to article space (in a few more months), we'll shift back to building the rest of the collection. Or we may focus on another branch, say either "Technology and applied sciences" or "Health and fitness".
- Keep in mind that the only reason the (non-country) topic outline drafts were started in the Wikipedia namespace and not article space, and I mean the only reason, was that because they started out as empty skeletons (headings only) they ran the risk of being speedy deleted from article space. Once an outline has enough meat on it that it can't be considered "empty" or "too empty", it can and should be moved to the main namespace ("article space"). I've moved the outline you mentioned to the main namespace. I've also changed its name slightly, as the whole project is undergoing a namechange (as mentioned at the beginning of this message).
- I find that I can build an outline (without images) for almost any subject in 3 to 8 hours. The most difficult one I've worked on so far took me 3 days. So if your only concern is a single outline, there's no reason why you could not just take it upon yourself to develop it. I've developed hundreds of these pages. And if I can do it, so can just about anybody else.
- Keep up the good work, and I hope you adopt some more outlines to work on. The Outline of knowledge really needs you!
- Good luck.
- Have fun.
- The Transhumanist 04:26, 4 March 2009 (UTC)
This outline needs to be completed soon, because there is a redlink for it at the disambiguation page Outline of anatomy.
Would you take a look at the subject and see what you can casually fill-in?
I'd sure appreciate it.
I'm kind of preoccupied with renaming outline pages.
The Transhumanist 04:53, 4 March 2009 (UTC)
Hi 4dhayman. Per your request I've have added the rollback flag. Please review WP:ROLLBACK and remember to use it only for blatant vandalism. Please feel free to ask me if you have any questions. 22:12, 7 February 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks Pedro. Just a question though. Did I need to ask permission before using Twinkle/Lupin's Anti-Vandal Tool? If so, may I recommend that this chould be better reflected in the pages explaining the function of these tools.
- It should be better explained, I agree, but no - you need no permission whatsoever per WP:BOLD to use those tools. Edit, fix and tidy up Wikipedia as you see fit! 22:25, 7 February 2010 (UTC)
Moons of Mars animation
Hello 4dhayman! Thanks for the update! I was myself absent from here for days and I'm waaay behind on requests. Now, I still have one more small change, and I promise it's the last! The animation is working great and the quality is much better, but it's moving very fast. So we need to either reduce the size and increase the frames (for example, at 320 X 320 pixels it can hold up to 122 frames) or the second option is to keep the size at 360 px but shaving off some frames from the beginning and the end to make it 96 frames. I've uploaded a test file to show you an example of the second option, based on the earlier low-quality file:
Fantastic! Thank you for taking the time to do this and good luck with your work/study or whatever is keeping you busy. The animation is already at the Moons of Mars article. Please drop by the Graphics Lab whenever you can, and thanks again!
The least I could do:
|The Graphic Designer Barnstar|
|For your great work on File:MoonsOfMarsImproved3.gif and patiently handling the requested changes again and again. Please accept this sign of appreciation! -- Orionist ★ talk 09:22, 2 April 2011 (UTC)|