|City of license||Manchester, Vermont|
|Slogan||Your Local View|
|Channels||Digital: 2 (VHF)
|Translators||47 WVBQ-LP Newport - Charlestown, NH|
|Owner||Cross Hill Communications, LLC|
|Founded||January 24, 1996|
|First air date||1998|
|Former callsigns||W49BU (1996-1998)
|Former affiliations||UPN (1998–2000)
America One (2000–2003)
|Transmitter power||4 W|
WYCX-CD is the Outside Television affiliate for southern Vermont, licensed in Manchester. The station's digital transmissions are on VHF channel 2; it is also carried on area cable systems, and formerly branded as TV 12 and 20 in recognition of this, as WYCX-CD broadcasts at a low power. The station currently brands as YCN, an initialism for "Yankee Communications Network." WYCX-CD is owned by Cross Hill Communications. Programming is also seen on WVBQ-LP channel 47 in Newport and Charlestown, New Hampshire.
WYCX-CD signed on in 1998 as WVBK-LP, a repeater of WVBG-LP, then Albany, New York's UPN affiliate. It originally broadcast on UHF channel 49, not moving to channel 2 until late 2003. UPN programming ceased to appear on WVBK in 2000, after WVBG lost its affiliation to an Albany cable channel, WEDG-TV; the station then switched to America One, and in 2001 picked up the Resort Sports Network (the predecessor to Outside Television). WVBK carried both networks until 2003, when America One was dropped. In the early 2000s, Vision 3 sold off WVBG and its other repeater, WVBX-LP, and WVBK became a separate station. WVBQ signed on in 2006 as a satellite of WVBK.
Vision 3 filed to sell WVBK and WVBQ to New Hampshire 1 Network, a company controlled by William H. Binnie, in November 2010; the deal was called off in June 2011. Vision 3 then filed to sell WVBQ to Cross Hill Communications that November; under the terms of the deal, Cross Hill also held an option to acquire WVBK, which was exercised in June 2012. Under Cross Hill, the station increased its local programming, including the addition of a half-hour 6 p.m. newscast (which is repeated at 6:30 p.m. and from 10–11 p.m., and as a result is branded as YCN News Hour).
- "Binnie buy to lead to something bigger for the Granite State?". Television Business Report. December 28, 2010. Retrieved January 18, 2011.
- Carbonara, Daniel N. (June 29, 2011). "Notification of Non-consummation". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. Retrieved July 6, 2011.
- "APPLICATION FOR TRANSFER OF CONTROL OF A CORPORATE LICENSEE OR PERMITTEE, OR FOR ASSIGNMENT OF LICENSE OR PERMIT OF TV OR FM TRANSLATOR STATION OR LOW POWER TELEVISION STATION". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. November 4, 2011. Retrieved December 22, 2011.
- Seyler, Dave (June 22, 2012). "Second LPTV for New England owner". Television Business Report. Retrieved July 13, 2012.
- Official website
- Query the FCC's TV station database for WYCX
- Query the FCC's TV station database for WVBQ