||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013)|
|Birth name||William Martin Hunt|
September 5, 1971 |
Gainesville, Florida, United States
|Genres||Alternative metal, nu metal, Hard rock|
|Occupations||Musician, songwriter, drummer|
|Associated acts||Scars of Amber, Evanescence, Black Label Society, Eye Empire, Dark New Day, Skrape, Methods of Mayhem, Mötley Crüe, Crossfade, Static-X, Staind, Device|
William Martin "Will" Hunt (born September 5, 1971) is an American drummer, who has played for many bands, including Evanescence, Skrape, Dark New Day, Black Label Society, and Device, and as a touring member for Staind.
- 1 Career
- 2 Equipment
- 3 Discography
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Hunt's first band was the nu metal band Skrape. The band was formed in the late 90's and released two albums, New Killer America and Up The Dose. In 2004, the band was dropped from RCA Records, and disbanded shortly afterward.
Dark New Day
Hunt helped form Dark New Day in 2004. Their debut album Twelve Year Silence, was released in 2005. They recorded their second album, Hail Mary in 2008, although due to band members' involvement with other projects, the album was not released until 2013. The group is currently inactive, with no known plans of returning.
Hunt has been involved with several bands on a temporary basis as a recording or live member.
During 2007, Hunt recorded with bloodsimple and Static-X.
Hunt joined Tommy Lee's rap metal side-project Methods of Mayhem as the drummer for their 2010 A Public Disservice Announcement album. Though he was set to appear with the band on tour promoting the album, he was replaced with Sevendust drummer Morgan Rose.
It was announced in 2010 that Hunt would be the new drummer for Crossfade's third album, We All Bleed. It was confirmed Hunt's involvement was only temporary due to Crossfade's announcement of Mark Castillo joining on drums. On December 10, 2010 Hunt was named as the new Drummer for Eye Empire. He replaced original Empire drummer Garrett Whitlock, but left in 2011.
In May 2011, it was announced that Hunt would be taking over drumming duties for the scheduled Staind tour dates, taking place of the original drummer, Jon Wysocki, who had recently left.
In February 2013, he recorded with the band SOiL for their 2013 album Whole
In May 2007, Hunt was named as a replacement for the departed Rocky Gray of Evanescence, and remained with the group through their The Open Door album tour, which ended in December 2007. He remained active with Dark New Day while playing with Evanescence. Hunt performed with Evanescence in their 2009 one-off show at the Maquinaria Festival in São Paulo, Brazil. On February 2010, Hunt rejoined Evanescence when the band started pre-production of their third album. After touring in 2011 and 2012, Evanescence decided to take an extended break.
Black Label Society
Hunt was a member of Black Label Society from 2010 to 2011, recording Order of the Black with the band. In 2011, he left due to his commitment to Evanescence.
White Noise Owl
In 2013, Hunt contributed drums to the band's new EP Until We Meet Again which was produced by Ben Grosse and features musicians Pete Murray of Lo-Pro on Vocals, John Fahnestock on Bass, and Chris Shy on Guitar. According to the band's official website the EP will be released on March 11, 2014.
On 1 March 2014, Hunt joined the Vasco Rossi band for the live tour Live Kom014 - Cambia-menti.
Drums Pearl Masterworks
- 26" x 16" Bass Drum
- 14" x 6.5" Reference or Ultra-Cast Snare
- 12" x 9" Tom (mounted on stand)
- 16" x 16" Floor Tom
- 18" x 16" Floor Tom
Cymbals Zildjian Z3
- 14" Hi-Hat
- 18" Medium Crash
- 12" Splash
- 18" Rock Crash
- 21" Mega Bell Ride
- 19" Medium Crash
- 19" Thrash Ride
- 18" China
- PD-8 Pad
- FD-8 Pedal
- Never a Dull Moment (May 21, 2002)
Dark New Day
- Twelve Year Silence (June 14, 2005)
- Black Porch (Acoustic Sessions) (EP) (September 5, 2006)
- Hail Mary (August 23, 2011)
- B-Sides (August 24, 2011)
- New Tradition (February 28, 2012)
- Red Harvest (October 30, 2007)
Black Label Society
- Order of the Black (August 10, 2010)
Methods of Mayhem
- A Public Disservice Announcement (September 21, 2010)
- We All Bleed (June 21, 2011)
- Evanescence (October 11, 2011)
White Noise Owl
- Until We Meet Again (March 11, 2014)
- "Also...Drummer...". Facebook. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- "New Lineup Announced" (Press release). Wind-up via Blabbermouth.net. 2007-05-17. Retrieved 2007-05-17.
- Childers, Chad. "David Draiman’s Device Secure Geezer Butler, Serj Tankian, M. Shadows + More for Debut Album". Loudwire. Retrieved 22 July 2013.
- White Noise Owl - Debut EP teaser // Spring 2014
- "Official White Noise Owl Website". Retrieved 20 January 2014.
- "Pearl Welcomes Will Hunt!!". Pearldrummersforum.com. Retrieved 2011-10-18.