2 December 1981 |
San Miguel de Tucumán, Tucumán, Argentina
|Genres||Hard rock, heavy metal, rock, blues, acoustic, electronica, reggae, punk, pop, funk, and others|
|Occupation(s)||Rock instrumentalist, musician, producer, audio/video recording, teacher|
|Instruments||Electric guitar, acoustic guitar|
|Associated acts||Seliger, Cossas Novas, AV, Orquesta Sinfónica de la UNT|
Xavier Moyano (born December 2, 1981) is an Argentine musician, producer, performer, composer, recording and editing audio & video, and teacher. He began his career as a session guitarist in Tucumán in 1999 and by 2003 was the guitarist for rock/pop band AVe Cesar until 2008, after which he became a solo rock instrumentalist.
Xavier has taken his Art to more than seventy cities in six countries (Argentina, Bolivia, Paraguay, Peru, Chile and Uruguay), and gives guitar clinics at conservatories, academies, institutes, and schools of music throughout South America.
- 1 Notable performances
- 2 On tour
- 3 Inspiration
- 4 Endorsements
- 5 Influences
- 6 Gear
- 7 Discography & Music Works (LP's, EP's, singles, videos, and participations)
- 8 References
- 9 External links
He's performed with Pablo Soler (Buenos Aires) on several occasions, and in 2009 he performed with Carina Alfie (Buenos Aires) in the NOA (Tucuman, Salta and Santiago). He's been part of several South American Guitar Masters tours in 2004, 2006 and 2007 along with Marcos DeRos (Brazil), and participated in the S3 Ibero American Guitar Fest in 2008 with Manuel Seoane (Spain). Moyano also performed in the Guitar Fest Buenos Aires '09  along with eleven other guitarists from Colombia, Korea, and Argentina.
Xavier was the guitarist and producer of rock/pop band AVe Cesar (2003–2008) with whom he participated in the Cosquin Rock and Tucuman Rock Festival, sharing the stage with Bersuit, Los Piojos, Luis Alberto Spinetta, León Gieco, Intoxicados, Kapanga, Carajo, Viticus, NoTeVaGustar (Uruguay), and many others. He then played in the NOA with La Renga in three cities (Tucuman, Catamarca and Salta), and then opened for the British band Motörhead in Córdoba.
In March 2006, Moyano was part of the huge SAGM music celebration with Marcos DeRos (Brazil) & Pablo Soler (Buenos Aires). The celebration ended with Moyano and many other musicians jamming on stage together, performing the song "Rockin' in the Free World".
In September 2009 he was invited by the University of Tucuman Symphony Orchestra to participate in the Concierto Pop de Primavera with music from movies, there were four shows at Teatro Alberdi and one in Concepción. In November 2009 he participated in "Adagio", a Lyric/Musical show of the Symphony Orchestra's baritone, performing The Phantom of the Opera, "Music ", "Adaggio" and Roxanne tango version of the movie Moulin Rouge' .
In October 2010 XM with Seliger performed with Sonata Arctica (Finland) in Buenos Aires Argentina.
Moyano's rock instrumental show went on the road to Bolivia in 2007 where he performed many concerts and gave guitar clinics in the cities of Cochabamba, La Paz and Tarija. He ended the tour in Tartagal and Salta, Argentina.
In 2008 he again toured, playing live and giving guitar clinics in various countries and cities. Argentina: Tucuman, Salta, Cafayate, Santiago del Estero, Jujuy, Buenos Aires, La Plata, Formosa. Paraguay: Asunción. Bolivia: La Paz, Cochabamba, Sucre, Potosí, Santa Cruz, Oruro, and Tarija.
In December 2009, Moyano made his debut with the band Seliger from Buenos Aires. They performed in El Teatro Flores with Angra (Brazil), with Shaman's singer Thiago Bianchi (Brazil) and guest Elodia Agostini (Italy). Seliger is currently preparing its first album which will feature international guests Kupainen Matias (Stratovarius), Rafael Bittencourt (Angra), and many others.
In 2010, Moyano played the cities of Tucuman, Formosa, Chaco, Lules, Tartagal, Catamarca, Salta, La Plata, Santa Fé, and Buenos Aires in Argentina. He also toured Bolivia extensively and played in the cities of Santa Cruz, Cochabamba, Sucre, La Paz, Montero, Potosi, Yotala, Oruro, El Alto, Atocha, Villazon, and Copacabana. Xavier also had the opportunity to perform with Seliger in Montevideo Uruguay, and as soloist also crossed into Peru to play in the cities of Puno and Cusco. He ended the year with a performance in his home town of Tucuman Argentina.
In 2011 he has had presentations in: Tucuman: SMdeTucuman, San Pedro, Monteros; Campo Quijano, Salta, guest of Gauchos de Acero in: "Lucha Criolla" and "Smoke on the Water" (Deep Purple); In June, a South American tour: Chile: Antofagasta and Iquique; Bolivia: Cochabamba, Oruro and La Paz; Peru: Puno and Arequipa and returns to Argentina; This year his music went to Spain to be part of the presentation of the video series of extreme sports Free Style HD "We Are Family", produced by Boston Enjoy Productions in Barcelona. Xavier is currently involved with the pre-production of a double album of covers and hits called, "Xavy & The Girls" along with many female guests from Tucumán, Argentina and abroad; also he is working in the T.T. Guitar (XM model) with 2 luthiers.
With his instrumental music, Xavier tries to convey a positive message and share good vibes. He's an activist for peace and has performed in several benefit concerts supporting human rights and animal rights, and against violence, discrimination, and racism.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (May 2013)|
- Ibanez RG 550 Ltd purple neon (Japan)
- Ibanez EX 350 with DiMarzio pickups (USA)
- Ibanez RG 350DX - white
- Parker MaxxFly PDF44V Gold
- Yamaha SG-1500 black (Japan)
- Yamaha Pacifica 1221M (Japan)
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Korea)
- B.C.Rich Warlock Revenge -black-
- Ibanez Talman Acoustic Series
- Jasmine by Takamine 12 strings (steel)
- Yamaha Classic with nylon strings (Japan)
- Wenstone GE-1600H + 1960A 4x12" (Argentina)
- Marshall Valvestate Head VS-100 RH (UK)
- Marshall 412B cabinet with Celestion (UK)
- Peavey ValveKing VK112 combo (inLaPaz,Bolivia)
- Wenstone BE3000H Cabezal + 1x15" EV (Argentina)
- Line6 Floor POD
- Digitech Whammy II
- WahWah Jim Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95
- MST (Bolivia) "LaRataVieja" custom
- Behringer V-AMP 2 (2006–2010)
- ART SGX-2000 (valve rack) (2005–2007)
- DS Pickups (Argentina)
- DiMarzio (USA)
- KikeMol (Bolivia)
- Ernie Ball .09 (USA)
- Ernie Ball 2233 (Ac12)
- Magma .095 (Argentina)
- RockBag by Warwick
- Ernie Ball
- 0.69 mmm
- 1.5 mm
- 2 mm
Discography & Music Works (LP's, EP's, singles, videos, and participations)
2001, 2002 & 2003
- Judas – "Jerusalem" (heavy metal, trash) EP
- Xavier Moyano (instrumental) single
- Argón - entre penumbras (heavy metal) (s)
- Triunfal (power metal clásico) EP
- Templarium (power metal progresivo) EP
- Adrian Llovera – "Cuadros" (canciones, disco)
- AVe Cesar : "Rompeparedes" (hard rock) EP
2004 & 2005
- Reino Infame - "Cae El Sol" (rock, ska, punk) EP
- Ave Cesar – "Revolucion de Rock & Roll" (disco)
- R I S K – Project (heavy metal, rock, trash) EP
- KaDaNeK demo (power metal) single
- KRÜCK – "2005" demo (rock) EP
- G.X.Project (hard rock, soul, pop, baladas) EP
- AVe Cesar - "La Otra Parte De Mi" (rock) (s)
- Adrian Llovera – "Bajo La Lluvia" (rock) EP
- Malas Noticias – "Nunca Voy A Madurar" (punk rock) (s)
- Initial Gravity (metal progresivo instrumental) EP
- Harder – "Project" (hard rock) EP
- AVe Cesar – "Nueva Dimensión" (rock, pop) EP
- Xavier Moyano (Rock Instrumental) EP
- Linaje – "Lágrimas De Sangre" (pop, rock) single
- Furtivo – "Engranajes De Papel" (rock, punk) (s)
- Adrian Llovera – "Rojo Oscuro" (disco, rock) LP
- VITAL : "Personalidad" (disco, hard core–ñümetal) LP
- AVe Cesar – "New Dimension Rock Show" (AdelantoDVD)
2007 & 2008
- AVe Cesar – "New Dimension Rock Show" (DVD live)
- Ronald Villegas: "Primeros Pasos" – Sucre, Bolivia - EP&Video
- XM Rock Instrumental Bolivia Band : Kojudo Mosh (Rock, Metal)
- Orquesta Sinfónica UNT – "Concierto Pop" – (Vivo) – CD
- Adagio – "Espectáculo Lírico Musical" – (vivo)
- Seliger – Out Of The Dark (s) (metal)
- Ël Último Cocalero – La Paz, Bolivia (rock)
- Xavier Moyano - Espejismos - instrumental (s)
- DemianFanzine (La Rioja, Arg) (compilado)
- SELIGER ( Argentina | Brazil ) (EP - metal)
- Xavy & The Girls - Live 2011 (acoustics versions with female guests)
- Helen Fuentes - "Sentirte" - Bolivia (s): http://videolog.tv/798590
- El Show del fin del Mundo - DVD - ART : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FewDbrRXfI
- "The Phantom of The Opera" - instrumental version · audio & video
- "Cossas Novas" : Bossa / Fusion / Latin-Rock (Argentina/Chile)
- "Carina Alfie - Guitar Inspiration Tour 2009". Alfiecarina.com.ar. 2009-02-09. Retrieved 2011-07-05.
- "Ibero American Guitar Fest Tour 2008". Youtube.com. Retrieved 2011-07-05.
- "Guitar Fest 2009 Buenos Aires - Rolling Stone Argentina - Agenda". Agenda.rollingstone.com.ar. Retrieved 2011-07-05.
- "Biografia de AVe César - Rock.com.ar · El sitio del Rock en Argentina". Rock.com.ar. Retrieved 2011-07-05.
- "UNT - Secretaría de Extensión Universitaria, Orquesta Sinfónica". Orquestas.seunt.com.ar. Retrieved 2011-07-05.
- "Xavier Moyano". Wenstone Amps. Retrieved 2011-07-05.
- "Xavier Moyano". DS Pickups. 2009-12-20. Retrieved 2011-07-05.
- El Periódico - "Entrevista a Xavier Moyano: “Alma y guitarra”" (Español)
- El Siglo - "Xavier Moyano emprende su gira por Latinoamérica" (Español)
- La Gaceta - "Xavier, el tucumano que anda abriendo puertas con su Guitarra" (Español)
- SugarBuzz Magazine - "Introducing Xavier Moyano: Argentina’s Best Kept Rock-n-Roll Secret" (US)
- MetalShock: Interview with Xavier Moyano – Let The Music Speak And Take You For A Journey… (Europe)
- WeAreFamily: StrikesAgain! FreeStyleMovie (HD): Xtreme Video in High Definition; Music: Xavier M. (Europe)
- Gilby Clarke (USA, Ex Guns N' Roses) & Xavier Moyano (Argentina) n'wet, Live: 13.12.2010 (La Paz, Bolivia)
- Valladolid Web Musical - Xavier Moyano review - Spain (España, Junio 2008)