2017 TCR Asia Series
|2017 TCR Asia Series|
The 2017 TCR Asia Series season is the third season of the TCR Asia Series.
Teams and drivers
Calendar and results
The 2017 initial schedule was announced on 8 November 2016, with six events scheduled. In 2 February 2017, the 2017 schedule has changed with the entry of Zhuhai events. On 29 March 2017, the calendar was once again changed with Zhuhai replacing the round in Thailand held at the Chang International Circuit, Zhejiang and Shanghai will also switch places on the calendar. The Macau round was also removed.
|Rnd.||Circuit||Date||Pole position||Fastest lap||Winning driver||Winning team||Supporting|
|1||1||Sepang International Circuit, Kuala Lumpur||12 March||Kantadhee Kusiri||Kantadhee Kusiri||Kantadhee Kusiri||Liqui Moly Team Engstler|
|2||Kantadhee Kusiri||Diego Moran||Liqui Moly Team Engstler|
|2||3||Zhuhai International Circuit, Zhuhai||23 April||Jasper Thong||Tin Sritrai||Jasper Thong||Audi Hong Kong|
|4||Huang Chu Han||Tin Sritrai||Team Thailand|
|3||5||Zhuhai International Circuit, Zhuhai||14 May||Kantadhee Kusiri||Shaun Thong||Abdul Kaathir||R Engineering|
|6||Kantadhee Kusiri||Eric Kwong||Elegant Racing Team|
|4||7||Bangsaen Street Circuit, Chonburi||1 July||Kantadhee Kusiri||Tin Sritrai[N 3]||Tin Sritrai||Team Thailand||TCR Thailand Series|
|8||2 July||Tin Sritrai||Tin Sritrai||Team Thailand|
|5||9||Shanghai International Circuit, Shanghai||26 August||Kantadhee Kusiri||Kantadhee Kusiri||Kantadhee Kusiri||Liqui Moly Team Engstler||TCR China Series|
|10||27 August||Kantadhee Kusiri||Kantadhee Kusiri||Liqui Moly Team Engstler|
|6||11||Zhejiang International Circuit, Shaoxing||7 October||Kantadhee Kusiri[N 4]||Kantadhee Kusiri[N 5]||Kantadhee Kusiri[N 6]||Liqui Moly Team Engstler||TCR China Series|
TCR International Series
|12||Diego Moran||Tin Sritrai||Team Thailand|
Italics – Fastest Lap
Italics – Fastest Lap
Car model of the year
|1||Honda Civic TCR||4||2||5||1||1||4||1||1||4||6||9||1||384.5|
|2||Volkswagen Golf GTi TCR||1||1||2||4||3||6||Ret||2||1||1||4||3||371|
|3||SEAT León TCR||7||7||9||9||5||1||8||4||8||11||6||10||205.5|
|4||Audi RS3 LMS TCR||5||4||1||11||4||3||6||6||13||10||Ret||11||160|
- Car No. 3, 5 and 6 entered as Audi Hong Kong and car No. 8 entered as Phoenix Racing Asia.
- Car No. 14 entered as RMI Racing Team By Sunoco and car No. 96 entered as RMI Racing Team.
- Actual fastest lap of race recorded by TCR Thailand Series driver Pasarit Promsombat.
- Actual pole position taken by TCR China Series driver Jean-Karl Vernay.
- Actual fastest lap of race recorded by TCR China Series driver Jean-Karl Vernay.
- Actual victory in race scored by TCR China Series driver Jean-Karl Vernay.
- "Engstler Motorsport confirmed for TCR Asia and Germany in 2017". touringcars.net. 5 December 2016. Retrieved 5 December 2016.
- "Team Engstler confirm two-car programme in TCR Asia". TouringCarTimes. Retrieved 2017-02-15.
- "Audi Hong Kong to enter TCR Asia with new RS 3 LMS". touringcartimes.com. 8 March 2017. Retrieved 8 March 2017.
- "TCR Asia Series Sepang Practice 1" (PDF). asia.tcr-series.com. 10 March 2017. Retrieved 10 March 2017.
- "2017 TCR Asia Series Second Zhuhai Round Entry List" (PDF). asia.tcr-series.com. 14 May 2017. Retrieved 14 May 2017.
- "2017 TCR Asia Series makes Chinese return in Zhuhai". asia.tcr-series.com. 20 April 2017. Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- "Viper Niza Racing prepare for 2017 TCR Asia season". asia.tcr-series.com. 27 January 2017. Retrieved 27 January 2017.
- "TCR Asia Series Zhuhai Test 2" (PDF). asia.tcr-series.com. 21 April 2017. Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- "TCR Asia/TCR China Series Shanghai Entry List" (PDF). asia.tcr-series.com. 26 August 2017. Retrieved 26 August 2017.
- "TCR Asia Series Bangsaen Free Practice 1" (PDF). asia.tcr-series.com. 30 June 2017. Retrieved 26 August 2017.
- "TCR Asia/TCR China Series Zhejiang Entry List" (PDF). asia.tcr-series.com. 7 October 2017. Retrieved 7 October 2017.
- "TCR Asia Series unveils expanded calendar for 2017". TouringCarTimes.com. Mediaempire Stockholm AB. 8 November 2016.
- "TCR Asia – 2017 calendar unveiled". tcr-series.com. 8 November 2016.
- sean. "Zhuhai joins 2017 TCR Asia Series programme". www.asia.tcr-series.com. Retrieved 2017-03-08.
- "2017 TCR Asia calendar amended". TouringCarTimes.com. Mediaempire Stockholm AB. 29 March 2017. Retrieved 19 April 2017.