2020 FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup
|2020 FIFA U-17 महिला विश्व कप|
|Dates||21 September - 4 October|
|Teams||16 (from 6 confederations)|
|Venue(s)||4 (in 4 host cities)|
The 2020 FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup will be the 7th edition of the FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup, the biennial international women's youth football championship contested by the under-17 national teams of the member associations of FIFA, since its inception in 2008. The tournament will be held in India. It will mark the first time that India has hosted a FIFA women's football tournament.
On 25 July 2018, FIFA announced that bidding process had begun for the 2020 FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup and the 2020 FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup. A member association was able to bid for both tournaments, with the caveat that two different hosts will be appointed. The following associations declared interest in hosting the event by the deadline of 12 September 2018:
A total of 16 teams qualify for the final tournament. In addition to India who qualify automatically as host, 15 other teams qualify from six separate continental competitions. The slot allocation has yet to be announced.
|Confederation||Qualifying tournament||Team||Appearance||Last appearance||Previous best performance|
|2019 AFC U-16 Women's Championship|
|2020 African U-17 Women's World Cup Qualifying Tournament|
(Central, North America and Caribbean)
|2020 CONCACAF Women's U-17 Championship|
|2020 South American U-17 Women's Championship|
|2019 OFC U-16 Women's Championship|
|2020 UEFA Women's Under-17 Championship|
- "FIFA starts bidding process for FIFA U-20 and U-17 Women's World Cups 2020". FIFA.com. 25 July 2018.
- "Circular letter #1643 - Bidding for the following FIFA World Cups" (PDF). FIFA. 25 July 2018.
- "Circular letter #1647 - Bidding for the following FIFA World Cups" (PDF). FIFA. 13 August 2018.
- Duret, Sebastien (12 October 2018). "Coupe du Monde U17 2020 - La FRANCE sollicitée par la FIFA". Footofeminin (in French).
- Noronha, Anselm (16 January 2019). "AIFF gets nod from government to bid for 2020 U-17 Women's World Cup". Goal.com Ghana.
- "FIFA Council decides on key steps for upcoming international tournaments". FIFA.com. 15 March 2019. Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- "INDIA WIN BID TO HOST FIFA U-17 WOMEN'S WORLD CUP IN 2020". the-aiff.com. AIFF. Retrieved 7 May 2019.