230th Infantry Division (Wehrmacht)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|230th Infantry (Coastal Defense) Division|
230. Infanterie Division (Küste-Abwehr-Infanterie-Division) Vehicle Insignia
|Active||April 1942 – May 1945|
|Type||3rd Mobilization Wave Infantry Division (Infanterie-Division "Alter Art")|
The division was a non-standard organization, consisisting mostly of a collection of fortress infantry battalions.
Structure of the division:
- Headquarters at Northern Norway
- 349th Grenadier Regiment
- 859th Fortress Grenadier Regiment
- 930th Artillery Battalion
- 930th Tank Destroyer Company
- 930th Engineer Company (Later Battalion)
- 930th Signal Company
- 930th Divisional Supply Group
- Generalmajor Otto Schonheer
- Generalmajor Konrad Menkel
- Generalleutnant Albrecht Baier
- Generalmajor Benhard Pampel
- German Order of Battle, 1st-290th Infantry Divisions in WWII. p. 173.
- Wendel, Marcus (2004). "230. Küste-Abwehr-Infanterie-Division". Retrieved April 7, 2005.
- "230. Infanterie-Division". German language article at www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de. Retrieved April 7, 2005.
|This German World War II article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|