|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Type||Armoured personnel carrier (APC)|
|Place of origin||Pakistan|
|Used by||Pakistan Army
|Designer||Heavy Industries Taxila|
|Manufacturer||Heavy Industries Taxila|
|Weight||12.5 ton (combat weight)
10.6 ton (curb weight)
|Armour||Aluminium (5083 series)|
|12.7 mm machine gun|
|Suspension||Torsion bars, hydraulic dampers|
Talha is an armoured personnel carrier (APC) designed and manufactured in Pakistan by APC Factory of Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT). The vehicle is based on the M113-A2-Mk.1 APC. The Pakistan Army plans to deploy 2,000 Talha APCs by year 2010. TALHA is an all terrain, amphibious infantry support vehicle with 12.7 mm machine gun as its main armament. Adequate crew compartment space provides excellent crew comfort. Survivability is enhanced through use of external fuel tanks. Various forms of bolt-on armour can be added to increase armour protection of the vehicle.
The decision to develop the Talha made after U.S. sanctions imposed on Pakistan made it impossible for HIT to continue manufacturing the M113. The Talha's design is based on the M113, one notable difference being the positions of the engine and driver station.
There is a flexibility in the design that the Engine compartment can accommodate power pack with 275 HP Detroit Diesel 6V53T turbocharged engine or 330 HP UTD-20, a Ukrainian engine
5 road wheel variants:
- Talha - APC
- Maaz - Fitted with Baktar-Shikan anti-tank missile firing unit
- Mouz - Fitted with RBS 70 surface-to-air missile firing unit
- Sakb - Command vehicle.
- Al-Hamza - Infantry fighting vehicle
Stretched 6 road wheel variants:
- Related lists
- Al-Talha APC. Archived January 29, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- TALHA SERIES OF TRACKED ARMOURED VEHICLES
- "PAKISTAN ARMY". Retrieved 07-03-2013. Check date values in:
- "Talha Armored personnel carrier". Retrieved 07-03-2013. Check date values in:
- "Low quality equipment risk cops' lives".