Clancy in 2012
|Born||Abigail Marie Clancy
10 January 1986
Liverpool, Merseyside, England
|Spouse(s)||Peter Crouch (m. 2011)|
|Relatives||Sean Clancy (brother)|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
Abigail Marie 'Abbey' Clancy born 10 January 1986) is an English lingerie and catwalk model and television presenter. She is married to footballer Peter Crouch, was the runner-up of Britain's Next Top Model, Cycle 2 and won series 11 of Strictly Come Dancing in 2013.
Born in Liverpool, the oldest of four children born to Karen (née Sullivan) and Geoffrey Thomas Clancy, Clancy formed girl band Genie Queen, who were managed by Andy McCluskey from Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark (OMD).
In summer 2006, the second cycle of Living TV's Britain's Next Top Model included Clancy as one of the thirteen finalists in the competition, competing over 10 weeks for a modelling contract. Clancy made it to the final runway show with fellow contestant Lianna Fowler, eventually becoming the runner up.
After appearing on Britain's Next Top Model, Clancy modelled for several magazines and newspapers. In May 2007, Clancy appeared on the cover of Arena magazine, and modelled the Triumph Bonneville Motorbike in the Daily Mail newspaper. Clancy was chosen to appear in Sports Illustrated magazine in the 2010 swimsuit edition. Clancy was featured for her sporting connection to Peter Crouch and was photographed for the magazine wearing only body paint to make it appear as if she was wearing an England shirt.
Clancy appeared in a 2010 campaign for Umbro sportswear, modelling an England shirt, along with other footballer's wives and girlfriends from countries that have won the World Cup. Clancy walked in the Giles Deacon Ready-To-Wear line Giles Spring 2011 collection.
In March 2011 Clancy appeared on the Elite Model Management: New York division website. In July 2013, she appeared as part of London designer Hasan Hejazi's campaign, in a fashion editorial by Absynth Photographic and a fashion film by Gabriel Gettman. Clancy also graced the August 2011 cover of UK Esquire shot by photographer Sølve Sundsbø.
||This section of a biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Clancy has appeared as a talking head in the documentaries Slave to Fashion and The Ultimate Bikini Guide for Channel 4, as a guest on programmes such as Richard & Judy, The Chris Moyles Show, Friday Night with Jonathan Ross, GMTV, This Morning and in her own reality TV series Abbey and Janice: Beauty and the Best which followed her attempts to break the Los Angeles modelling scene with Janice Dickinson as her mentor. The show aired from 14 May to 18 June 2007 on Living TV.
Clancy also co-hosted the ITV2 series, The Fashion Show with model Michelle de Swarte and George Lamb. Her cousin Chloe Cummings, made the top 13 contestants in the fifth cycle of Britain's Next Top Model, of which Clancy herself was a guest in episode 8, being the first ex-contestant from the Top Model franchise to appear on the judging panel.
In April 2010, Clancy was featured in ITV2's The Parent Trip along with her mother Karen. She also appeared as a panellist on A League Of Their Own.
Clancy was a regular guest on James Corden's World Cup Live.
She also co-hosted the reality TV show Great British Hairdresser in 2011.
In 2013, Clancy won the eleventh series of Strictly Come Dancing. Her professional partner was newcomer and Burn the Floor dancer, Aljaž Skorjanec. On 16 November 2013, they received their first "10s" of the competition, during Blackpool Week. On 30 November 2013, they became the first couple that year to score a perfect "40", during Musicals Week.
Clancy was ranked 37th in FHM magazine's annual 100 sexiest women in the world poll of 2007 but dropped down to number 55 the following year. In 2009, Clancy had moved up to 12th place, and in 2010 she went up to 10th place in the annual poll.
In July 2012 The Sun Newspaper announced Clancy as their exclusive Beauty Columnist writer. Clancy was the subject of widespread criticism in her home town of Liverpool, as the paper was boycotted in the city for printing false allegations against supporters of Liverpool football club in the aftermath of the Hillsborough disaster in 1989. Clancy later apologised for the column.
Clancy's brother Sean is a footballer who plays for A.F.C. Telford United. He was also a castmember of the short-lived E4 reality series Desperate Scousewives. Her other brother John is the lead singer and rhythm guitarist in the indie band The Razz.
Clancy started dating footballer Peter Crouch in 2006. The couple were engaged from July 2009 and their daughter Sophia Ruby was born 14 March 2011. On 30 June 2011, Clancy and Crouch married at Stapleford Park Hotel in Leicestershire. Their second daughter Liberty Rose was born on 1 June 2015.
- Barnes, Anthony (22 December 2013). "Strictly Come Dancing 2013: Abbey Clancy crowned champion as more than 12m watch the final". Independent. Retrieved 6 October 2014.
- "Three Wishes for Genie Queen". BBC. Archived from the original on 9 October 2003.
- "Abigail Clancy". Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved 2 January 2011.
- Gannon, Louise (19 May 2007). "Abigail Clancy, from WAGS to riches". Daily Mail (London).
- Abbey Clancy: Pefect [sic]... apart from the boyfriend | Girls. FHM.com (7 October 2008). Retrieved on 2012-05-05.
- on YouTube
- Abbey Clancy bodypaint shoot for Sports Illustrated
- "Pregnant Abby Clancy Walks in Giles’s Spring Show, Veruschka Closes". New York (magazine). 21 September 2010.
- "Abigail's Hell's Kitchen profile". Archived from the original on 29 September 2007. Retrieved 11 November 2009.
- West, Dave (12 May 2008). "ITV2 sets fashion show with Clancy, Lamb". Digital Spy. Retrieved 13 May 2008.
- Thomas, Kate (26 August 2014). "Abbey Clancy to make comeback to Britain's Next Top Model as a judge". Daily Mail. Retrieved 23 December 2015.
- "FHM 100 Top sexiest women".
- "Abbey Clancy at FHM.com".
- Tina Miles (29 April 2010). "Liverpool model Abbey Clancy named among top 10 of the world’s sexiest women". Liverpool Echo. Retrieved 6 May 2010.
- "Full list of FHM's top 100 world's sexiest women 2010. Cheryl Cole, Megan Fox and Marissa Miller have topped FHM's sexiest women poll for 2010, but Sienna Miller, Charlotte Church and Billie Piper have struggled to perform.". Metro. 29 April 2010.
- "Cheryl Cole 'sexiest woman' for second year". BBC News (BBC Corp). 29 April 2010.
- Former Liverpool WAG Abbey Clancy issues apology over Sun beauty column. clickliverpool.com (16 September 2012). Retrieved on 7 November 2012.
- "Abbey Clancy: The interview". FHM.com. 10 December 2006.
I also support Southport, though, because my brother Sean plays left wing for them. He's fantastic.
- "Abbey and Peter Crouch out on The Razz!". Daily Mail (London). 8 October 2012.
- "Abbey Clancy marries Peter Crouch in Giles Deacon wedding dress". Mail Online. 30 June 2011. Retrieved 9 December 2015.
- Rebecca Pocklington (2 June 2015). "Abbey Clancy gives birth: Coleen Rooney, Michelle Keegan and more pass on congratulations as couple welcome daughter". mirror. Retrieved 9 December 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Abbey Clancy.|
- Abbey Clancy on FHM.com
- Abigail Clancy at the Fashion Model Directory
- Abigail Clancy at the Internet Movie Database
- Abbey Clancy on Worldfootballextra.com
- Abbey Clancy at Biogs.com
Louis Smith and Flavia Cacace
|Strictly Come Dancing Champion
(with partner Aljaž Skorjanec)
Series 11 (2013)
Caroline Flack and Pasha Kovalev