|Founded||London, England (1997)|
|Headquarters||8515 Georgia Avenue,Suite 650, Silver Spring, MD 20910, Silver Springs, US|
Number of locations
|55 Drury Lane, Covent Garden, London, WC2B 5SQ|
|UK, US, Australia|
| • Miguel Penella (Chief Executive Officer, Acorn Media Group)
• Stuart Shaw (Managing Director) RLJ Entertainment International
• Shane Murphy (Managing Director, Acorn Media Enterprises)
Acorn DVD is a trading name of RLJE International Ltd, a British company that publishes and distributes DVDs, as well as selling home-video products and streaming videos with a particular focus on British television.
Launched in 1997, Acorn Media U.K. Limited distributes collectible home video products in the U.K. market. By design, Acorn U.K.'s product line often overlaps with the Acorn Media U.S. line. This division of the company also serves as a permanent presence in the U.K. television programming community, a primary source of both Acorn Media U.S. and Acorn U.K. acquisitions.
Important programming franchises for this Acorn division include New Tricks, Criminal Justice, Midsomer Murders, Foyle’s War, Trial and Retribution, Wild At Heart, Wainwright Walks, and George Gently.
In April 2007, Acorn Media U.K. launched Acacia U.K., a healthy joyful living brand encompassing licensed and original programming on DVD.
In 2014 The RLJ Companies bought Acorn Media, including a majority share in Agatha Christie Ltd, and Image to form RLJ Entertainment.
The company publishes television titles (in either individual or box-set formats) including:
- Above Suspicion
- Agatha Christie's Partners in Crime
- Bad Girls
- Criminal Justice
- Down to Earth
- Father Dowling Mysteries
- Footballers' Wives
- Foyle's War
- Garrow's Law
- Inspector George Gently
- The Inspector Lynley Mysteries
- Midsomer Murders
- New Tricks
- Queer as Folk
- Trial & Retribution
- Waterloo Road
- When the Boat Comes In
- Wild at Heart
- Line of Duty
- The Fall
- The Smoke
- The Tunnel
- Doc Martin
- Antiques Roadshow (UK edition)
- Apollo 11 anniversary DVD
- Britain's Best Drives
- Coal House
- Extreme Fishing with Robson Green
- Edwardian Farm
- Fred Dibnah's Steam collection, Railway collection
- Julia Bradbury Wainwright' Walks, Coast to Coast, Railway Walks
- Oz and Huw Raise the Bar
- Oz and James's Big Wine Adventure
- Victorian Farm
- Who Do You Think You Are? (UK edition)
- "Acorn Media DVDs & Blu-rays". moviemail.com. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- Jensen, Elizabeth. "Home Video Company Cashing In on British Revivals". nytimes.com. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- "Acorn DVD Information Page". Acorn DVD.
- "RLJ Entertainment Information Page". RLJ Entertainment.
- "Acorn Media News Announcement". Acorn Media Group.
- "RLJ Acquisition News Story". PR Newswire.
- "Acorn Media (Blu-ray) | DVD Empire". dvdempire.com. Retrieved 2 March 2014.