Central Jail Rawalpindi
|Population||5082 (as of 04 April 2016)|
|Managed by||Government of Punjab, Pakistan|
|Director||Saeed Ullah Gondal, Senior Superintendent of Jail|
Central Jail Rawalpindi (also known as Adyala jail) is a prominent prison in Rawalpindi, Pakistan.
The Central Jail Rawalpindi was built from the late 1970s and early 1980s during the military regime of General Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq, after the execution of Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto, the ex-Prime Minister of Pakistan on 4 April 1979 in District Jail Rawalpindi. The latter jail was demolished and converted into a public park. The prison is situated on Rawalpindi - Adyala Road near village Dahgal about 13 kilometres toward west of District Courts and the defunct / demolished old District Jail Rawalpindi. The village is Adyala is about 4 kilometres west of the prison.
- Erik Audé
- Yusuf Raza Gillani Released on 7 October 2006
- Mirza Tahir Hussain Released on 17 November 2006.
- Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi: November 2008 Mumbai Attacks mastermind.
- Ayyan Ali-March 14,2015
- Mumtaz Qadri 2011-2016
- Government of Punjab, Pakistan
- Punjab Prisons (Pakistan)
- Prison Officer
- Headquarter Jail
- National Academy for Prisons Administration
- Official Website of Punjab Prisons (Pakistan) Archived 26 March 2010 at the Wayback Machine.
- "ACTOR SENTENCED TO 7 YEARS." Daily News of Los Angeles. 8 January 2003. Retrieved on 24 September 2011. "[...]assistant superintendent at the Adiala jail, where Aude is being kept."
- Jail Superintendent confiscated mobile phone recovered from Yousuf Raza Gillani Archived 21 September 2011 at the Wayback Machine.