|Born||1975 (age 42–43)
Wrexham, North Wales
|Occupation||Television actor, voice actor|
Adrian Holmes (born 1975) is a Welsh-born Canadian actor. He is best known for his work on the Bravo television series 19-2, for which he won a Canadian Screen Award for Best Actor in a Drama Series in 2017.
Holmes was born in Wrexham, North Wales. He moved, with his family, to Vancouver, British Columbia when he was five. He studied nursing at Langara College, in part to appease his mother who felt he needed a backup plan if his acting career was unsuccessful.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (December 2017)
Holmes has had a long career, but is best known for his television roles, such as Basqat on Smallville, Marcus Mitchell on True Justice and Frank Pike on Arrow. His most notable role is Nick Barron in the English Language version of 19-2 on Bravo, which garnered him a Canadian Screen Award for Best Actor in a Drama Series in 2017. His film work includes Red Riding Hood, Elysium and The Cabin in the Woods.
- Twist in the Wind (1991)
- Neon Rider (1991)
- Highlander: The Series (1992–1993) in 2 episodes: The Sea Witch (1992) as "Street Kid" and Run for Your Life (1993) as "Johnny"
- The Only Way Out (1993)
- Fire in the Heart (1994)
- M.A.N.T.I.S. (1994)
- Night Man (1999)
- Brotherhood of Murder (1999)
- The Outer Limits (1996–2000)
- Stargate SG-1 (2002–2006)
- Meltdown (2004)
- Def Jam: Fight for NY (2004)
- Smallville (2005–2006, 2009–2010)
- Da Vinci's City Hall (2006)
- Hot Wheels AcceleRacers (2005)
- Supervolcano (2005)
- Godiva's (2005–2006)
- The Evidence (2006)
- The Hard Corps (2006)
- Like Mike 2: Streetball (2006)
- Black Lagoon (2006)
- Cries in the Dark (2006)
- Ice Blues (2008)
- Bratz Girlz Really Rock (2008)
- Damage (2009)
- Hunt to Kill (2010)
- Frankie & Alice (2010)
- Wrecked (2011)
- Red Riding Hood (2011)
- Arrow (2012–2018)
- Primeval: New World (2012)
- Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome (2012)
- Cult (2013)
- Elysium (2013)
- 19-2 (2014, English adaptation)
- Debug (2014)
- A Christmas Horror Story (2015)
- Impastor (2016)
- Barrow: Freedom Fighter (2016)
Awards and nominations
|2004||Leo Awards||Best Guest Performance by a Male in a Dramatic Series||The Collector||Nominated|||
|2016||Canadian Screen Awards||Best Performance by an Actor in a Continuing Leading Dramatic Role||19-2||Nominated|||
|2017||Best Performance by an Actor in a Continuing Leading Dramatic Role||Won|||
|Leo Awards||Best Lead Performance by a Male in a Dramatic Series||Nominated|||
- "Cineplex.com | Cineplex News - Adrian Holmes is getting warmer with Red Riding Hood role". www.cineplex.com. Retrieved 13 March 2017.
- Furdyk, Brent. "2017 Canadian Screen Awards: And the winners are…". Global News. Retrieved 13 March 2017.
- M, Adnan (5 February 2014). "Chatting with Adrian Holmes and Jared Keeso of Bravo's 19-2". The Arts Guild. Retrieved 13 March 2017.
- Furminger, Sabrina. "Adrian Holmes only believes in 'falling forward'". Westender. Retrieved 13 March 2017.
- "2004 nominees" (PDF). leoawards.com. Retrieved 13 March 2017.
- "'Schitt's Creek,' 'Orphan Black,' '19-2' among top Canadian Screen Award TV nominees". etalk.ca. Retrieved 13 March 2017.
- "Leo Awards, Nominees by Name 2017". www.leoawards.com. Retrieved 2 May 2017.
|This article about a Canadian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|