||This biography includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Adventure Club logo
|Origin||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Genres||Dubstep, electro house, drumstep, chillstep, progressive house|
|Labels||UKF, Spinnin' Records|
The duo formed while attending high school in Montreal as a hardcore pop-punk band, but later decided to move onto the more electronic sound of electronic dance music (EDM) after simply getting bored with the pop-punk sound.
The first song to put the duo on the map was their remix[when?] of the song "Daisy" from the studio album Daisy (2009) by the American alternative-rock band Brand New, which was put on The Hype Machine, an MP3 blog aggregator website.
Some of the major influences to their sound include Tiësto, Flux Pavilion, Greeley Estates, Bring Me the Horizon and Skrillex. The duo's signature sound includes high-pitched female vocals with electronic sounds and heavy drops. Through online social network sites, the duo were able to reach new levels of exposure by getting their first music video on the UKF Dubstep's YouTube channel. As of November 2012[update], the music video to the remix of "Everything to Me" by LIPS has over 2 million views and was produced and directed by Cedric Sequerra of LuckyFish Productions. All of the props, including weapons, helmets & monsters were made by hand by the cast and crew.
The duo is signed under the management team of The Standard Group. Some of their signature sound can also be credited to the program that they use to produce their music. Cakewalk SONAR is a less-commonly-used program in electronic dance music where FL Studio and Ableton Live reign supreme, but the duo give credit to the program in separating them from the pack. Some of the other equipment and software that they use include a Fireface console, Traktor Pro, Audio 6 and Kontrol X1.
The duo has toured across North America, as well as parts of Europe and Australia and have played at various music festivals including the American Electric Daisy Carnival in Las Vegas, Nevada. They also made their first appearance at the Ultra Music Festival 2013 in Miami and also played at the Ultra Music Festival in Seoul, South Korea in June 2013.
In August 2013, Adventure Club partnered with EDM lifestyle brand Electric Family to produce a collaboration bracelet for which 100% of the proceeds are donated to Fuck Cancer. The partnership has raised over $19k as of July 2014.
The duo hosted a special volunteering event at the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank in April 2014. They invited fans to come out for a meet-n-greet and to help package food for the less fortunate.
The Duo's single "Do I See Color" was featured on a 2012 Coca-Cola commercial with dancer Marquese Scott.
On December 2nd, 2016, Adventure Club released their debut album, Red // Blue.
- "Red // Blue" (2016)
- Calling All Heroes
|1.||"Gold" (featuring Yuna)||4:17|
|2.||"Wonder" (featuring The Kite String Tangle)||4:51|
|2012||"Need Your Heart" (feat. Kai)||—|
|2014||"Wonder" (feat. The Kite String Tangle)||37||Calling All Heroes|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart|
- "Put On" – Young Jeezy; featuring Kanye West
- "Daisy" – Brand New
- "Everything to Me" – Lips
- "Collect Call" – Metric
- "Please Don't Go" – Mike Posner
- "Youth" – Foxes
- "Teach Me How to Jerk" – Audio Push
- "Broken Lungs" – Thrice
- "We Don't Eat" – James Vincent McMorrow
- "To a Friend" – Alexisonfire
- "Love Lost" – The Temper Trap
- "Remember (Walking in the Sand)" – The Shangri-Las
- "Lullabies" – Yuna
- "Till the World Ends" – Britney Spears
- "Crave You" – Flight Facilities feat. Giselle Rosselli
- "Sunlight" – Diana Vickers
- "Shadow Of The Sun" – Max Elto
- "Hurricane" – MS MR
- "Spiritus Sancti" (The Boondock Saints tribute)
- "Do I See Colour"
- "Need Your Heart" (featuring Kai)
- "Kaboom" (featuring Team Fortress 2's "Heavy" class voiced by Gary Schwartz)
- "Retro City"
- "Rise and Fall" (featuring Krewella)
- "Gold" (featuring Yuna)
- "Wonder" (ft. The Kite String Tangle)
- "Unleash" (Life In Color Anthem 2014)- Adventure Club & David Solano ft. Zak Waters
- "Fade (featuring Zak Waters)"
- "Limitless (featuring Delaney Jane)"
- Superheroes Anonymous Volume 1
- Superheroes Anonymous Volume 2
- Superheroes Anonymous Volume 3
- Superheroes Anonymous Volume 4: Live on Tour Edition
- Superheroes Anonymous 5: Road Trip Edition
- Superheroes Anonymous 6: Road to Red Rocks
- Superheroes Anonymous 7: Road to Electric Zoo
- Superheroes Anonymous 8: ROAD TO BIG WEEK NYC
- "Adventure Club Album & Song Chart History - Billboard Canadian Hot 100". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved August 11, 2014.
- "Canadian digital download certifications – Adventure Club – Wonder Ft. The Kite String Tangle". Music Canada.
- on 's channelYouTube
- Adventure Club at AllMusic
- Leonard, Aex (December 12, 2011). "Adventure Club [Earmilk Exclusive + Interview]". Earmilk. Retrieved December 31, 2012.
- Goods, Flimsey (undated). "One To Watch: Adventure Club". What's Really Good. Retrieved December 31, 2012.
- . Dubstep101.com.
- Vanessa (March 28, 2012). "Adventure Club Interview". thekollection.com (blog). Retrieved December 31, 2012.
- Deep, Johnny (February 1, 2012). "Adventure Club". Rolling Tuff. Retrieved December 31, 2012.
- Daanish (December 15, 2011). "NTD Interview: Adventure Club". neontapedeck.com (blog). Retrieved December 31, 2012.