Akuro (悪狼 akurō) or Evil Wolf is a piece in some variants of the Japanese board game shogi. There are typically two akuro at the beginning of the game. They can step one square orthogonally sideways or forward, or diagonally forward.
The following shogi variants have akuro:
- Dai shogi Akuro promotes to Gold General (金将 kinshō).
- Dai dai shogi Akuro does not promote.
- Maka dai dai shogi Akuro promotes to Free wolf (奔狼 honrō).
- Tai shogi Akuro does not promote.
- Taikyoku shogi. Akuro promotes to Venomous wolf (毒狼 dokurō)
|This shogi-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|