|Elevation||127 m (417 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Sex ratio||1000 :1040.5 ♂/♀|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Tirunelveli|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Alangulam|
Alangulam is a town in Tamil Nadu, India. It is a panchayat town and the centre of the Alangulam taluk in Tirunelveli district. It acts as a trading hub for nearby villages and is connected by road to the towns of Tirunelveli, Tenkasi and Ambasamudram. The town's small hill known as Okkanindranpothai Malai, a Tamil expression meaning "standing on tip-toes", is depicted in a folk tale of Lord Rama standing at the top of this hill on tip-toes, searching the area for his companion Sita.
Alangulam is located at  It is situated at an average elevation of 127 metres (416 feet)..
As of 2001[update] India census, Alangulam had a population of around 17,922 as per the 2001 census. Males constitute 49% of the population and females 51%. Alangulam has an average literacy rate of 69%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with 54% of the males and 46% of females literate. 14% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Firkas under Alangualm Taluk
Villages under Alangualm Panchayat Union
- Vadakku Kavalakurichi
The area has many farmers and farm workers. Rice and vegetables produced locally are sold throughout South India. A local cottage industry is the manufacture of beedi cigarettes.
Banking and financial institutions
- Canara Bank
- Indian Bank
State bank of india
- Tamilnad Mercantile Bank
- Pandian Grama Bank
- Co operative society bank
- Axis Bank
- City Union Bank Ltd
State Assembly elections 2011
- Male Electors - 98229
- Female Electors - 101368
- Total Electors - 199597
- Votes polled - 165134
- Percentage of votes polled - 82.73% 
The schools in the area include
- Government Higher Secondary School, Alangulam.
- West Tirunelveli Higher Secondary School, Nallur.
- Sri Ramakrishna Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Alangulam
- St.Joseph matriculation school, Alangulam.
- Annai Saradhamani Primary School, Alangulam.
- T.D.T.A middle school, Alangulam.
- T.D.T.A primary school, Natham, Alangulam.
- Jesus Loves primary school, Alangulam.
- Archvel Primary school, Alangulam.
- Jeeva Montessori School, Alangulam.
- S M A Matriculation school, Adaikalapattanam (A unit of Sri Muppudathi Amman Educational Institutions)
- C.M.S Arunodhya middle school, Nallur.
- Government Higher Secondary School, Maruthamputhur.
- Pappakudi Union Primary School, Maruthamputhur.
- Sardar Raja College of Engineering
- CSI Jayaraj Annapackiam College, Nallur., Alangulam Taluk
- Einstein College of Engineering
- Aladi Aruna College of Nursing, Sivalarkulam
- St. Mariam Polytechnic College, Sivalarkulam
- Sri Muppidathi Amman College of education, Adaikalapatinam
- St.Johns Teacher Training Institution, Maranthai.
- Diwan ITI, Maranthai.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Alangulam
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
Template:Printing Press Nithya Press Cell: 9976789173
Population data http://www.censusindia.gov.in/pca/SearchDetails.aspx?Id=701489
Printin press Nithya Press