March 18, 1887|
Luserna San Giovanni, Italy
|Died||May 22, 1993(aged 106)|
|Occupation||Protestant, Seventh-day Adventist Theologian|
|Part of a series on|
Seventh-day Adventist portal
Alfred-Felix Vaucher (March 18, 1887 – May 22, 1993) was a French theologian, church historian, and bibliographer. He was a pioneer in the history and study of Seventh-day Adventism.
Preaching his first sermon at age 14, Vaucher studied at a church in Paris. In 1903, he was engaged by the Adventist church, to which he devoted an active ministry of approximately eighty years.
Vaucher traveled around Europe, including Switzerland and Italy as a Seventh-day Adventist evangelist. He published over 1,100 articles and pamphlets on French church history and wrote a score of books, some of which are: L'Histoire du Salut, Le P. Manuel Lacunza y Diaz, L'Antichrist, Le Jour du Repos, and Le Jour Seigneurial. Vaucher also taught at Salève Adventist University, Collonges-sous-Salève, Haute-Savoie, a French biblical college, from 1921-1941 and 1945-1983.
He died at age 106.
- Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Seventh-day Adventist theology
- Seventh-day Adventist eschatology
- History of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- 28 fundamental beliefs
- Questions on Doctrine
- Teachings of Ellen White
- Inspiration of Ellen White
- Prophecy in the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Investigative judgment
- The Pillars of Adventism
- Second Advent
- Baptism by Immersion
- Conditional Immortality
- Three Angels' Messages
- End times
- Sabbath in Seventh-day Adventism
- Ellen G. White
- Seventh-day Adventist Church Pioneers
- Seventh-day Adventist worship
- Landa, E. J. (August 27, 1979). "A Pioneer Visits Australia" (PDF). Australasian Record. Warburton, Victoria: Signs Publishing Company. 84 (35): 8. Retrieved June 8, 2011.
Vaucher, A. (1949). Une celebrite oubliee: Le P. Manuel de Lacunza y Diaz (1731-1801) de la Societe de Jesus, auteur de "La venue du Messie en gloire et majeste." Collonges-sous-Salève: Imprimerie Fides.
Vaucher, A. (1951). L'Histoire du salut (3e éd.). Dammarie-les-Lys (S.-et-M.): Éditions S.D.T.
Vaucher, A. (1960). L'Antichrist. Collonges-sous-Salève: Imprimerie Fides.
Vaucher, A. (1962). Le jour du repos. Collonges-sous-Salève: Imprimerie Fides.
Vaucher, A. (1970). Le jour seigneurial. Collonges-sous-Salève: Imprimerie Fides.
- Un dernier hommage à Alfred-Félix Vaucher, Jean Zurcher, Revue adventiste, September 1993, pp. 12–13
- Essai bibliographique sur l'œuvre d'Alfred Vaucher Pietro Copiz, Revue adventiste, 15 June 1987, pp. 13–15
- Alfred Vaucher R. Lehmann, Dictionnaire du monde religieux dans la France contemporaine, vol. 8 La Savoie. Paris : Beauchesne, 1996. pp. 404–405
- Good Teachers Are Forever by Nilton Amorim, Superintendent/President, Quebec Conference, in Canadian Adventist Teachers Network Online Journal, July 1999
|This biographical article about a notable person in connection with Christianity is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|