Ana Toni in 2009
|Occupation||Chair of the Board of Greenpeace|
Ana Toni is a non-profit director, consultant, and grantmaker. She is a partner in the consulting company Public Interest Management. She served as the first Executive Director of ActionAid Brazil, and was the Ford Foundation's representative in Brazil in the 2000s. As of 2011, she is the Chair of the Board of Greenpeace International and serves on the board of the new Baobá Fund for Racial Equity. In July 2013 Toni was appointed to the Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia Foundation and left it in August the next year. She lives in Rio de Janeiro.
In 1993 she joined Greenpeace, as the International Head of the political unit in Amsterdam, and later as senior advisor to Greenpeace Germany. There she helped develop the first Greenpeace initiatives in the Amazon region. From 2000 to 2003 she served as Board member of Greenpeace Brazil.
In 1998 she became the first Executive Director of ActionAid Brazil, focusing on community development projects and public policy campaigns. She also supported local social investment in Brazil, as a Board member of the Brazilian social investment association GIFE.
In 2003 she became the Ford Foundation's representative in Brazil, supporting projects addressing human rights, land rights, discrimination, development, and public media.
- "SGC Board of Directors - 2013". Greenpeace. Retrieved 2013-07-12.
- "Governança". Baobá. Archived from the original on 2013-11-05. Retrieved 2013-07-12.
- "Ana Toni Announced as New Wikimedia Foundation Board Member". Wikimedia Foundation. 8 July 2013. Retrieved 16 July 2013.
- Brazil: Critical Stories of Change. Institute of Development Studies, UK.
- InvestimentoSocial Privadodos EUA no Brasil Archived May 10, 2013, at the Wayback Machine, GIFE.
- Media related to Ana Toni at Wikimedia Commons