Ayilya Gopalakrishnan Nair|
29 March 1987
Kochi, Kerala, India
|Occupation||Actress , Singer , Shooter|
Ananya made her acting debut in Malayalam with Positive (2008) and debuted the following year in Tamil with Naadodigal, which emerged a critical and commercial success. She received the Kerala State Television Award for Best Actress in 2012 for the telefilm Doore and the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress – Tamil for Engaeyum Eppothum in 2011.
Ananya was born as Ayilya to Malayali parents Gopalakrishnan Nair, a noted film producer, and Praseetha in Kothamangalam, Kerala. She has one younger brother Arjun. She appeared as a child artist in one of her father's productions (executive producer), Pai Brothers (1995). Ananya pursued a B.A. degree in Communicative English at St. Xavier's College, Aluva. During her childhood, she was an archer and won the State Championship. While representing her college in a television reality show "Star Wars", she was spotted by various directors and received acting offers. After declining five projects, she decided to give it a try, accepting to act in Positive.
Her screenname changed to Ananya, when she was working in her debut Tamil film Naadodigal. The film was a high commercial success, and Ananya rose to fame, with her performance in the film being appreciated. She went on to reprise the same role in its Malayalam remake Ithu Nammude Katha. The film Shikkar alongside Mohanlal, gave her a big break in Malayalam. She did some thrilling scenes in the climax of the movie Shikkar that impressed Mohanlal, which made him call her the "Vijayashanti" of Malayalam. She also played a supporting role in Kandahar, which saw her sharing screen space with Mohanlal and Amitabh Bachchan. In 2011, Ananya played one of the female lead roles in Engeyum Eppodhum, which received rave reviews and became a sleeper hit.
- Kerala State Television Awards
- 2012 - Kerala State Television Award for Best Actress : Doore
- 2009 - Best Debut Actress: Naadodigal
- 2011 - Nominated, Vijay Award for Best Supporting Actress: Engaeyum Eppothum
|1995||Pai Brothers||Malayalam||Child artist|
|2008||Positive||Jyothi||Malayalam||Credited as Ayilya|
|2009||Naadodigal||Nallammaal||Tamil||Vijay Award for Best Debut Actress|
|Oru Small Family||Ammu Vishwanathan||Malayalam|
|Kandahar||Student (A passenger on the plane)||Malayalam||Special appearance|
|2011||Ithu Nammude Katha||Kalyani||Malayalam|
|Seniors||Jeni||Malayalam||Asianet Film Award For Best Supporting Actress|
|Amayakudu||Divya||Telugu||Debut in Telugu|
|Doctor Love||Gowri||Malayalam||Asianet Film Award For Best Supporting Actress|
|Engaeyum Eppothum||Amudha||Tamil||Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress – Tamil|
Nominated, Vijay Award for Best Supporting Actress
|2013||D Company||Indumathi||Malayalam||Segment - "Oru Bolivian Diary 1995"|
|Dhoore||Malayalam||Telefilm for Mazhavil Manorama|
|100 Degree Celsius||Ganga||Malayalam|
|The Reporter||Tara Viswanath||Malayalam|
|Iravum Pagalum Varum||Sona||Tamil|
|2016||A.. Aa - Anasuya Ramalingam Vs Anand Vihari||Bhanumathi||Telugu|
|2018||Oru Kuttanadan Blog||Malayalam|
|2018||Sigappu Rojakkal 2'||Kajal||Tamil||Post-Production|
|100 degree celsius -Part 2||Ganga||Malayalam||Announced|
|Pacha Manja||100 Degree Celsius (film)||Gopi Sundar|
|Omalkurunnukal||Seethakalyanam||Asianet TV series|
|2018||Seethakalyanam||N/A||Asianet||Title song playback singer|
|2015||Star Challenge||Contestant||Flowers TV||reality show|
- "Actress Ananya profile and biography". Spiderkerala.net. 9 August 2011. Archived from the original on 24 March 2012. Retrieved 2011-11-09.
- "ml:സിനിമയല്ലാതെ മറ്റൊന്നും മോഹിപ്പിക്കുന്നില്ല". Archived from the original on 3 March 2011. Retrieved 2013-12-11.
- "MediaMatiqx". MediaMatiqx. Archived from the original on 10 September 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-09.
- Shilpa Nair Anand (2011-09-16). "Life & Style / Metroplus : Arching towards success". The Hindu. Retrieved 2011-11-09.
- Keerthy Ramachandran DC Kochi (2011-09-03). "Name to fame". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 2011-11-09.
- "Nadodigal actress Ananya not the leading lady". desifox.com. Archived from the original on 12 August 2010. Retrieved 2010-05-26.
- "Ananya". mollywoodactress.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2010-03-19.
- "Ananya Films". zimbio.com. Retrieved 2010-06-10.
- "Ananya Profile". zimbio.com. Retrieved 2010-06-21.
- Nandita Ravi (2011-11-06). "Engaeyum Eppothum is aiming for a century". The Times Of India. TNN. Retrieved 2011-11-21.
- "'Didn't think people would love Amudha so much'". Rediff.com. 2011-10-21. Retrieved 2011-11-21.
- Zachariah, Ammu. "'Chappa Kurishu' turns 'Pulival' in Kollywood". Times of India. Retrieved 2013-04-18.
- "Raktharakshas 3D Malayalam Movie Preview". Theater Balcony. 2012-04-02. Retrieved 2012-04-04.
- V Lakshmi (2013-11-30). "Trouble in Nandhaa, Ananya's paradise!". The Times of India. TNN.
- Deepa Soman (2015-05-06). "Ananya to act in Urumbukal Urangarilla". The Times of India. TNN.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ananya (actress).|