This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Full name||Andrés Aldama Cabrera|
|Born||April 9, 1956|
Matanzas, Matanzas Province
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||63 kg (139 lb)|
Andrés Aldama Cabrera (born April 9, 1956) is a retired amateur Cuban boxer, who won the light welterweight silver medal at the 1976 Summer Olympics and the Welterweight gold medal at the 1980 Summer Olympics.
Aldama defeated John Mugabi of Uganda to win the 1980 gold medal, and lost to Sugar Ray Leonard of the United States to receive the 1976 silver medal. In 1979 he won a gold medal at the Pan American Games, defeating Mike McCallum of Jamaica in the welterweight final.
Montreal - 1976
- Round of 64: 1st round bye
- Round of 32: Defeated Sabahattin Bürçü (Turkey) referee stopped contest in round #2
- Round of 16: Defeated Jesus Sánchez (Dominican Republic) referee stopped contest in round #2
- Quarterfinal: Defeated József Nagy (Hungary) TKO 2
- Semifinal: Defeated Vladimir Kolev (Bulgaria) KO 1
- Final: Lost to Sugar Ray Leonard (United States) by decision, 0-5
Moscow - 1980
- Round of 32: Defeated Pierre Sotoumey (Benin) TKO 3
- Round of 16: Defeated Israel Akopkokhyan (Soviet Union) by decision, 3-2
- Quarterfinal: Defeated Plamen Yankov (Bulgaria) KO 3
- Semifinal: Defeated Karl-Heinz Krüger (East Germany) by decision, 5-0
- Final: Defeated John Mugabi (Uganda) by decision, 4-1
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Andrés Aldama". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC.
|This biographical article related to a Cuban boxer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Cuban Olympic medalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|