|Full name||Бақыт Әбдірахманұлы Сәрсекбаев|
29 November 1981 |
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Weight||69 kg (152 lb)|
Bakhyt Abdirakhmanuly Sarsekbayev (Kazakh: Бақыт Әбдірахманұлы Сәрсекбаев; born 29 November 1981) is a Kazakh amateur boxer who won Olympic Gold 2008 at Welterweight. At the 2006 Asian Games he had also won the gold medal in the welterweight (−69 kg) division.
The southpaw holds two wins over Cuban fellow southpaw and 2005 world champion Erislandi Lara. He won bronze at the 2002 Asian Games.
At the 2007 World Championships he beat Xavier Noël and PanAm champ Pedro Lima but was upset by old foe Silamu. He has qualified for the 2008 Summer Olympics. In the Olympic final he defeated Cuban Carlos Banteaux Suarez 18:9.
Olympic Games results
2008 (as a welterweight)
- Defeated Adam Trupish (Canada) 20–1
- Defeated Vitaly Gruşac (Moldova) RSC 2 (1:18)
- Defeated Dilshod Mahmudov (Uzbekistan) 12–7
- Defeated Kim Jung-Joo (South Korea) 10–6
- Defeated Carlos Banteaux(Cuba) 18-9
World Amateur Championship results
2007 (as a welterweight)
- Defeated Xavier Noel (France) 18–7
- Defeated Velidor Vidic (Bosnia) 26–4
- Defeated Pedro Lima (Brazil) 23–11
- Lost to Hanati Silamu (China) 14–20
|This biographical article related to Kazakhstani boxing is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|