Angry Birds Blast
|Angry Birds Blast|
|Developer(s)||Bandai Namco Studios|
|Release||December 22, 2016|
Angry Birds Blast is a free-to-play tile-matching puzzle game, developed by Bandai Namco Studios and published by Rovio Entertainment in 2016 as a spin-off from the Angry Birds franchise.
Similar to other tile-matching games, balloons are cleared from the gameplay field in groups of at least two, adjoining in the same color. The game is divided into levels with specific goals, such as popping specific bird-shaped balloons, pigs, clearing bubbles from the field, or clearing the path for a hot air balloon to reach the top of the field. Similarly to the main franchise, the board may also contain wood and glass panels as obstacles. Power-ups can be earned for clearing larger groups of balloons, such as a column- or row-clearing rocket (5), a bomb (7), or a laser which removes all balloons of a single colour (9 or more).
Macworld felt that Angry Birds Blast was a "decent game" that "thankfully offers a better attempt at adapting the mobile brand for a color-matching puzzle approach" than other spin-off entries in the Angry Birds franchise, but that the game itself was "uninspiring" due to its similar format to other freemium mobile puzzle games, such as Candy Crush Saga among others. Phone Arena felt that the game was enjoyable and noted that the game was tricky even when in-app purchases were used, but that it was merely a "generic balloon popping game" with Angry Birds theming.
Blast! later spawned a sequel, Angry Birds Blast Island, that was developed by MYBO Games and soft-launched in select countries in 2018. While the sequel has yet to receive a global release date, a spin-off, Angry Birds Dream Blast, was released in November that year, featuring younger versions of Red, Chuck and Bomb, as they would appear in the world of The Angry Birds Movie. Dream features gameplay different from its predecessors by utilizing ball physics.
- "Angry Birds Blast isn't explosively fun, but it's not bad either". Macworld. Retrieved 2018-02-16.
- "Angry Birds Blast Review". Phone Arena. Retrieved 2018-02-16.
- "Angry Birds Blast for iPhone/iPad Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 2018-08-07.
- "Rovio soft-launches casual puzzle sequel Angry Birds Blast Island". pocketgamer.biz. Retrieved 2018-02-14.
- Harris, Iain (8 October 2018). "Rovio soft-launches Angry Birds Dream Blast in Finland and the UK". pokcetgamer.biz. Retrieved 22 November 2018.
- "App Store listing for Angry Birds Dream Blast". iTunes App Store. Retrieved 22 November 2018.
- "Google Play Store listing for Angry Birds Dream Blast". Google Play Store. 12 November 2018. Retrieved 22 November 2018.
|This puzzle video game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|