Anois (Irish: Now) was an Irish-language weekly newspaper, published in Dublin, Ireland, by Gael Linn from September 1984 until June 1996. It was the first newspaper in the Irish language to appear in full-colour tabloid format. It focused primarily on Irish language issues, and included regular columns on sport and entertainment, as well as sections for children and learners.
Anois replaced two other Irish-language newspapers, Inniú and Amárach, and was itself replaced by Foinse in October 1996. It was financed by Roinn na Gaeltachta, as well as by sales and advertising. In 1986 its circulation stood at around 5,600, and about 4,500 in 1989.
- Koch, John Thomas. Celtic culture: a historical encyclopedia. ABC-CLIO, 2006. ISBN 1-85109-440-7, ISBN 978-1-85109-440-0. p76
- 1980-1989 on the Gael Linn website
- Launch of Anois on Scoilnet
- Koch, 2006. p755
- Davies, Janet. Mercator media guide, Volume 1. University of Wales Press, 1993. ISBN 0-7083-1204-7, ISBN 978-0-7083-1204-9. p147
- Dáil Éireann - Volume 369 - 5 November 1986 Ceisteanna—Questions. Oral Answers. - An Nuachtán Anois
- Dáil Éireann - Volume 399 - 12 June 1990 Ceisteanna — Questions. Oral Answers. - Deontais do Irisí agus do Nuachtáin