|Slogan||"We Obsessively Cover the Auto Industry"|
Type of site
|Available in||English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish|
|Users||2.4 million per month|
|1,633 (March 2015[update])|
Autoblog is an American internet-based automotive news website owned and operated by AOL Inc. through their Weblogs, Inc. subsidiary. AOL reports 2.4 million visitors to the Autoblog website each month. Major media outlets such as U.S. News & World Report and Business Week use Autoblog research in their publications. Autoblog also licenses its images to media outlets such as CNN Money. Despite its name, Autoblog is not a traditional weblog run by an individual. It is a fully staffed news outlet with complete editorial and photographic departments.
There are several subdivisions within Autoblog, including:
- Autoblog (main division) - Covering mainstream automotive issues.
- AutoblogGreen - Covering environmental developments and green vehicles within the automotive industry.
- Autoblog Black - Covering the most indulgent, beastly vehicles on the market.
- Autoblog Military - Covering recent developments in different types of military vehicles.
- Autoblog International - Includes Autoblog Canada, Autoblog UK, Autoblog en Español, Autoblog Auf Deutsch, Autoblog En Français and Autoblog Japan. In May 2015, AOL Inc. decided to close some of its international editions, including Canada, France, Spain and Germany in preparation for the Verizon agreement of the company[better source needed] after failing to develop a business model of this sites.
- "AutoBlog Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved March 29, 2015.
- Echols, Tucker (7 February 2011). "Huffington Post joins dozens of AOL brands". Washington Business Journal. Retrieved 28 November 2011.
- "Mitsubishi Bringing its Tiny Electric i-MiEV to America". US News & World Report. 10 April 2009. Retrieved 28 November 2011.
- "2009 Honda Fit -- Slightly More Expensive, Lots More Equipment". US News & World Report. 21 August 2008. Retrieved 28 November 2011.
- Vella, Matthew (17 January 2007). "A Hot Reception Online for Chevy Volt". Business Week. Retrieved 28 November 2011.
- "New Ram bucks the trends". CNN Money. Retrieved 28 November 2011.
- "About Autoblog". AOL. Retrieved 28 November 2011.
- "Autoblog spanish closing anuncement".
- "AOL info in Wikipedia".
|This website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|