|Hubs||Augusto C. Sandino International Airport|
|Secondary hubs||Bluefields Airport|
|Focus cities||Bluefields, Corn Island|
|Alliance||Star Alliance (affiliate)|
|Company slogan||Wings that unite Nicaragua, Alas que Unen a Nicaragua|
Aerotaxis La Costeña S.A., dba Avianca Nicaragua, is an airline based in Managua, Nicaragua. It operates passenger services from Managua to 10 domestic destinations as part of the Grupo TACA regional system. Its main base is Augusto C. Sandino International Airport, Managua.
The airline started operations in November 1999. It had 140 employees in September 2011.
Avianca Nicaragua operates scheduled services to the following domestic destinations: Bluefields, Bonanza, Corn Islands, Managua, Ometepe, San Juan de Nicaragua, Emerald Coast, Puerto Cabezas, San Carlos, Siuna and Waspam. They also operate one international service to Tegucigalpa Airport in Honduras.
The La Costena fleet consists of the following aircraft (as of August 2016):
The airline fleet previously included the following aircraft (as of April 2013):
Accidents and incidents
- On July 20, 1999, Flight 046 - La Costena Cessna 208B Grand Caravan (YN-CED), was flying from Managua to Bluefields, when the aircraft prematurely descended and flew into a remote hillside in Cerro Silva, killing all 2 crew members and 14 passengers. A GPS device had been removed for use in another aircraft before the flight.
- IATA Shared Code with NICA Airlines
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-04-03. p. 103.
- "Ometepe Island Info - Flying Into Our New Airport!". ometepeislandinfo.com. Retrieved 2017-03-10.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-10-13. Retrieved 2014-10-08. La Costena schedule
- "Global Airline Guide 2016 (Part One)". Airliner World (October 2016): 22.
- Aviation Safety Network
Media related to La Costeña at Wikimedia Commons