|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Bijapur|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Babaleshwar|
Babaleshwar is a village in the southern state of Karnataka, India. It is located in the Bijapur Taluka of Bijapur district in Karnataka. It is 22 km from the district headquarters, the city of Bijapur.
The village mainly grows sugarcane, grapes, pomegranates, maize, and sorgham (jawar), as well as small amounts of lemons, onions, and turmeric. Irrigation occurs via water canals and wells.
Farming and agriculture related business is the main occupation for many people in the village. The cropping pattern in the village reveals that food crops like jowar, maize, bajra and wheat among cereals, red gram, Bengal gram and green gram among pulses are major crops cultivated in the village. The major oilseed crops are sunflower, groundnut and safflower. Horticulture crops like grapes, pomegranate, ber, guave sapota, lime are also grown.
The village has several temples,
- Shree Hanuman Temple
- Shree Mahalaxshmi Temple
- Shree Pandurang Temple
- Shree Gurupadeshwar Math
- Shree Virabhreshwar Temple
- Shree Siddarameshwar Temple
- Shree Amblisiddashwar Temple
- shree kusappayya Temple
- Renuka yellamma temple
- Maling rai temple
Mosques and Maszid exist for the Muslim community. There is a Moharam every year, and Uras festivals are celebrated by both Hindu and Muslim religion.
In village there are some associations doing cultural,sports programmes and other activities.
In the village, there are several schools and colleges. The main schools among them are as listed below
- MPS Babaleshwar - S S High Scholars Babaleshwar - KGS Babaleshwar - Bapuji School - Danammadevi school - Sharda vidaynikethan school - Shri janaki vidya mandir
The village's literacy rate is above 65%.
Annual festivals exist celebrating Shri Hari Pandurang Vittal Saptaha (Dindhi)as well as Kara Hunnume, Nagara Panchami, Deepavli, Ugadi, Dassara, Ganaradane, Shri Shantaveer kumba abisheka, yellamma jathra, kusaup temple jhatra & Maddi yellamma temple jathra etc.
Babaleshwar village is Assembly Constituency in Bijapur District.
- Village code= 197900 "Census of India : Villages with population 5000 & above". Archived from the original on 8 December 2008. Retrieved 2008-12-18.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- "Yahoomaps India :". Archived from the original on 18 December 2008. Retrieved 2008-12-18. Babaleshwar, Bijapur, Karnataka
|This article related to a location in Bijapur district, Karnataka, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|