Barabanki (Lok Sabha constituency)
Barabanki Lok Sabha constituency (Hindi: बाराबंकी लोक सभा निर्वाचन क्षेत्र) (formerly known as Bara Banki Lok Sabha constituency) is one of the 80 Lok Sabha (parliamentary) constituencies in Uttar Pradesh state in northern India.
The serial number of the constituency is 53. It is currently reserved for the Scheduled Caste candidates. According to the final electoral roll published on 22 January 2009, the number of eligible voters in this constituency is 1,435,692.
Members of Parliament
Following is list of MPs from Barabanki:
- 1951: Mohan Lal Saxena, Indian National Congress
- 1957: Chaudhary Ram Sewak Yadav, Independent
- 1962: Chaudhary Ram Sewak Yadav, Socialist Party
- 1967: Chaudhary Ram Sewak Yadav, Samyukta Socialist Party
- 1971: Rudra Pratap Singh, Indian National Congress
- 1977: Ram Kinkar Rawat, Bharatiya Lok Dal
- 1980: Ram Kinkar Rawat, Janata Party (Secular)
- 1984: Kamla Prasad Rawat, Indian National Congress
- 1989: Ram Sagar Rawat, Samajwadi Party
- 1991: Ram Sagar Rawat, Samajwadi Party
- 1996: Ram Sagar Rawat, Samajwadi Party
- 1998: Baij Nath Rawat, Bharatiya Janata Party
- 1999: Ram Sagar Rawat, Samajwadi Party
- 2004: Kamla Prasad Rawat, Bahujan Samaj Party
- 2009: Panna Lal Punia, Indian National Congress
- 2014: Priyanka Singh Rawat, Bharatiya Janata Party
|BJP||Priyanka Singh Rawat||4,54,214||42.52|
|INC||Panna Lal Punia||2,42,336||22.69|
|BSP||Kamla Prasad Rawat||1,67,150||15.65|
|SP||Raj Rani Rawat||1,59,284||14.91|
|PECP||Rajesh Kumar Vidyarthi||7,980||0.75|
|NOTA||None of the above||8,726||0.82|
|Margin of victory||2,11,878||19.83|
|BJP gain from INC||Swing|
- "Information and Statistics-Parliamentary Constituencies-53-Barabanki". Chief Electoral Officer, Uttar Pradesh website.
- मौर्य, चन्द्रकान्त (13 March 2014). "खानदान और ग्लैमर नहीं, सोच देखता है बाराबंकी". Nav Bharat Times (in Hindi). Retrieved 13 March 2014.