|Compilation album by Eno Moebius Roedelius Plank|
|Pitchfork Media||(8.1/10) |
Begegnungen is a Sky Records 1984 compilation album with recordings by Brian Eno, Dieter Moebius, Hans-Joachim Roedelius and Conny Plank, from solo albums, and from various collaborations between the artists. All of the tracks had been previously released elsewhere. The albums these tracks were drawn from are: Durch die Wüste, Roedelius' first solo album, Rastakraut Pasta by Moebius and Plank, After the Heat by Eno, Moebius, Roedelius, Tonspuren, the first solo album by Moebius, Zero Set by Moebius, Plank, Neumeier, Sowiesoso by Cluster, and the eponymous Cluster & Eno. These albums were released by Sky between 1976 and 1983.
The title is the German word for "Meetings" or "Encounters". A second volume to this compilation, Begegnungen II, was also released.
- "Johanneslust" (Roedelius) – 4:58 (from Durch die Wüste)
- "Two Oldtimers" (Moebius & Plank) – 6:58 (from Rastakraut Pasta)
- "The Belldog" (Eno-Moebius-Roedelius) – 6:14 (from After the Heat)
- "Nervös" (Dieter Moebius) – 3:26 (from Tonspuren)
- "Pitch Control" (Moebius-Plank-Neumeier) – 6:21 (from Zero Set)
- "Dem Wanderer" (Cluster) – 3:52 (from Sowiesoso)
- "Schöne Hände" (Cluster & Eno) – 3:02 (from Cluster & Eno)