Location in Pinellas County and the state of Florida
|• Mayor||Gary Katica|
|• Total||2.8 sq mi (7.3 km2)|
|• Land||1.8 sq mi (4.6 km2)|
|• Water||1.0 sq mi (2.6 km2)|
|Elevation||46 ft (14 m)|
|• Density||1,400/sq mi (530/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||0278451|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 2.8 square miles (7.3 km2), of which 1.8 square miles (4.7 km2) is land and 1.0 square mile (2.6 km2) (36.30%) is water.
Form of government
The Town of Belleair has a Council-Manager form of government. The current Town Manager is Micah Maxwell who was hired in August 2006. The current mayor and commissioners are:
- Mayor - Gary H. Katica
- Vice Mayor -Karla Rettstatt
- Commissioner - Tom Shelly
- Commissioner - Tom Kurey
- Commissioner - Mike Wilkinson
As of the census of 2000, there were 4,067 people, 1,973 households, and 1,225 families residing in the town. The population density was 2,265.8 inhabitants per square mile (877.2/km²). There were 2,263 housing units at an average density of 1,260.8 per square mile (488.1/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 98.35% White, 0.15% African American, 0.15% Native American, 0.39% Asian, 0.20% from other races, and 0.76% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.53% of the population.
There were 1,973 households out of which 17.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 55.1% were married couples living together, 5.4% had a female householder with no husband present, and 37.9% were non-families. 34.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 21.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.04 and the average family size was 2.58.
In the town the population was spread out with 16.2% under the age of 18, 2.5% from 18 to 24, 20.1% from 25 to 44, 28.5% from 45 to 64, and 32.6% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 53 years. For every 100 females there were 84.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 79.1 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $63,267, and the median income for a family was $96,400. Males had a median income of $61,548 versus $31,313 for females. The per capita income for the town was $59,164. About 1.4% of families and 4.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including 2.7% of those under age 18 and 4.4% of those age 65 or over.
- Mary R. Grizzle, Florida state legislator
- Hulk Hogan, professional wrestler and reality television star
- Nigel Mansell, Formula One and CART driver
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Belleair town, Florida". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved May 8, 2012.
- "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2015". Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.