|Length||10.3 km (6.4 mi)|
|South end||Southland Drive|
Deerfoot Trail (Hwy 2) /|
17 Avenue SE
Blackfoot Trail is a road in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. It is named for the Blackfoot Confederacy, and more specifically the Siksika Nation, located east of Calgary. The road runs from 17 Avenue SE in the north, where Blackfoot Trail meets Deerfoot Trail (Highway 2), to Southland Drive in the south. It is the historical alignment of Highway 2 in south Calgary. The section of Blackfoot Trail between 19 Street SE and Deerfoot Trail is a former alignment, and still technically part of, 17 Avenue SE; however, it is generally referred to as being part of Blackfoot Trail.
Prior to the construction of Deerfoot Trail, which was originally named the Blackfoot Trail Freeway, Blackfoot Trail was the routing of Highway 2 through the southern portion of Calgary. It continued south to 66 Avenue SE (present-day Glenmore Trail) and Macleod Trail. At the north end, Highway 2 continued east on 17 Avenue SE, before turning north to Barlow Trail. 
|0.0||0.0||Southland Drive||Southern terminus; adjacent to Deerfoot Trail interchange (Hwy 2 Exit 245)|
|1.3||0.81||85 Avenue SE|
|2.7||1.7||71 Avenue SE|
|3.4||2.1||Glenmore Trail||Partial cloverleaf interchange|
|4.3||2.7||58 Avenue SE|
|4.8||3.0||53 Avenue SE|
|5.4||3.4||Manhattan Road / 46 Avenue SE|
|5.9||3.7||42 Avenue SE|
|8.0||5.0||26 Avenue SE / Ogden Road||Partial cloverleaf interchange|
|8.9||5.5||15 Street SE – City Centre||Access to 9 Avenue SE|
|9.4||5.8||17A Street SE / 19 Street SE – City Centre||Access to 9 Avenue SE; 17 Avenue SE concurrency begins|
|9.7||6.0||Cushing Bridge across the Bow River|
|10.3||6.4||Deerfoot Trail (Hwy 2)||Partial cloverleaf interchange (Hwy 2 Exit 254); northern terminus|
|Continues east as 17 Avenue SE|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
Route map: Google
- Google (May 15, 2017). "Blackfoot Trail in Calgary, Alberta" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved May 15, 2017.
- Sherlock Publishing (2014). Sherlock's Map of Calgary (16th ed.). Langdon, Alberta: Sherlock Publishing. pp. 28, 35–36, 41. ISBN 1-895229-80-4.
- Google (April 2016). "19 St SE / Blackfoot Tr sign in Calgary, AB". Google Street View. Google. Retrieved May 15, 2017.
- Google (July 2015). "17 Ave SE / Blackfoot Tr interchange signs in Calgary, AB". Google Street View. Google. Retrieved May 15, 2017.
- Ponton, Harrison; Parker (1924). "Harrison & Ponton's map of the city of Calgary, Province of Alberta". University of Calgary Library Catalogue. Harrison Ponton and Parker. Retrieved October 29, 2016.
- MacPherson (1940). "Road Map - Province of Alberta". Edmonton: Department of Public Works. Retrieved 2017-01-09.
|This Alberta road, road transport or highway-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Calgary-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|