Storcz in 2013
|Born||30 January 1975 (age 43)
|Height||183 cm (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||87 kg (192 lb)|
|Club||Magyar Testgyakorlók Köre
Budapest Honvéd FC
Botond Storcz (born 30 January 1975) is a retired Hungarian sprint canoeist. He competed at the 2000 and 2004 Olympics and won three gold medals (K-2 500 m: 2000, K-4 1000 m: 2000, 2004). He also won eleven medals at the ICF Canoe Sprint World Championships with four golds (K-1 500 m: 1997, K-1 1000 m: 1997, K-4 500 m: 1997, K-4 1000 m: 1999), five silvers (K-2 500 m: 1999, K-4 500 m: 1998, K-4 1000 m: 1997, 1998, 2001), and two bronzes (K-2 500 m: 2002, K-4 500 m: 1999).
Storcz was named Hungarian Sportsman of the Year in 1997 for winning three gold medals at that year's World Championships. He worked as a canoeing coach at the Hungarian University of Physical Education. Since 2009 he is the head coach of the Hungarian National Kayak Canoe Team.
- Hungarian kayaker of the Year (2): 1997, 2000
- Hungarian Sportman of the Year (1) - votes of sports journalists: 1997
- Hungarian President of the Year (2) - votes of sports journalists: 2011, 2014
- Orders and special awards
- Order of Merit of the Republic of Hungary – Officer's Cross (2000)
- Order of Merit of the Republic of Hungary – Commander's Cross (2004)
- Order of Merit of Hungary – Commander's Cross with Star (2012)
- Kataca.hu profile (in Hungarian)
- ICF medalists for Olympic and World Championships – Part 1: flatwater (now sprint): 1936–2007 at WebCite (archived 2009-01-21). Additional archives: Wayback Machine.
- ICF medalists for Olympic and World Championships – Part 2: rest of flatwater (now sprint) and remaining canoeing disciplines: 1936–2007 at WebCite (archived 2009-11-09)
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Botond Storcz". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC.
|Hungarian Sportsman of The Year
|This article about a Hungarian canoeist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Olympic medalist of Hungary is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|