Bowdre Township, Douglas County, Illinois
Location in Douglas County
Douglas County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 5, 1867|
|• Total||48.06 sq mi (124.5 km2)|
|• Land||48.05 sq mi (124.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2) 0.02%|
|Elevation||636 ft (194 m)|
|• Density||13.9/sq mi (5.4/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61910, 61919, 61930, 61953|
|GNIS feature ID||0428697|
Bowdre Township is one of nine townships in Douglas County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 668 and it contained 323 housing units. Its name was changed from Deer Creek to Bowdre on June 5, 1868.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 48.06 square miles (124.5 km2), of which 48.05 square miles (124.4 km2) (or 99.98%) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) (or 0.02%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains these three cemeteries: Antioch, Gill and Van Voorhis.
- Arcola Consolidated Unit School District 306
- Oakland Community Unit School District 5
- Tuscola Community Unit School District 301
- Villa Grove Community Unit School District 302
- State House District 110
- State Senate District 55
- "Bowdre Township, Douglas County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Tuscola Township||Camargo Township||Murdock Township|
|Arcola Township||Sargent Township|
|Seven Hickory Township, Coles County||Morgan Township, Coles County|