Bring the Soul: The Movie
|Bring the Soul: The Movie|
Theatrical release poster
|Hangul||브링 더 소울: 더 무비|
|Revised Romanization||Beuling Deo Soul: Deo Mubi|
|Directed by||Park Jun-soo|
|Distributed by||Trafalgar Releasing|
|Box office||$12.6 million|
Bring the Soul: The Movie (Korean: 브링 더 소울: 더 무비; RR: Beuling Deo Soul: Deo Mubi) is a 2019 South Korean documentary film directed by Park Jun-soo featuring South Korean boy band BTS. The film is co-produced by Big Hit Entertainment and A Camp Entertainment, and distributed by Trafalgar Releasing. It was limitedly released in the United States on August 7, 2019.
The film alternates between performances in various cities of the band's Love Yourself World Tour and a conversation between members which was filmed "on a rooftop in Paris" following the end of the European leg in October 2018.
The film was first announced on June 26, 2019 on Twitter through BTS' official account. Tickets went on sale on July 3. The film was released to a record-setting 110 countries around the world, the "widest-ever event cinema debut" in history.
In the United States the film played in 873 theaters, grossing $2.3 million in its opening weekend and a total of $4.4 million over its first five days. The same weekend, it grossed an additional $8.2 million from other territories around the world.
- "Bring the Soul: The Movie (2019)". The Numbers. Retrieved August 15, 2019.
- Kim, Jae-ha (June 25, 2019). "BTS' 'Bring the Soul: The Movie' Gets Global Theatrical Release". Variety. Retrieved June 26, 2019.
- Maxouris, Christina (June 26, 2019). "K-pop band BTS is about to release their third movie". CNN. Retrieved June 28, 2019.
- Kelley, Caitlin (June 25, 2019). "BTS's 'Bring The Soul' Film Is Headed To Theaters In August". Forbes. Retrieved June 25, 2019.
- Cho, Yu-gyeong (June 26, 2019). 방탄소년단 ‘브링 더 소울 : 더 무비’ 8월 7일 개봉 확정 [BTS 'Bring the Soul: The Movie' released on August 7]. Sports Donga (in Korean). Retrieved August 9, 2019 – via Naver.
- Clarke, Stewart (August 7, 2019). "New BTS Concert Movie, 'Bring the Soul,' Sets Another Event Cinema Record". Variety. Retrieved August 8, 2019.
- Amos, Jim (August 7, 2019). "BTS' 'Bring The Soul: The Movie' Sets Event Cinema Record With Widest Ever Worldwide Release". Forbes. Retrieved August 8, 2019.
- Brooks, Brian (August 11, 2019). "'The Peanut Butter Falcon' Leads Mixed Weekend; Music Doc 'Bring The Soul' Croons; 'The Farewell' Salutes $10M: Specialty Box Office". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved August 11, 2019.
- McClintock, Pamela (August 11, 2019). "Box Office: Boy Band BTS Strikes Again With 'Bring the Soul,' Opens to $13M Globally". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved August 15, 2019.