British Caving Association
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The British Caving Association (BCA) is the governing body for caving in the United Kingdom. It is recognised by UK Sport, Sport England and SportScotland. Its predecessor was the National Caving Association.
The membership of the BCA is composed of Constituent Bodies, Regional Councils, Clubs and Individuals.
The Constituent Bodies are:
- Association of Caving Instructors
- Association of Scout Caving Teams
- British Cave Research Association
- British Cave Rescue Council
- Cave Diving Group
- Council of Higher Education Caving Clubs
- National Association of Mining History Organisations
- William Pengelly Cave Studies Trust
The Regional Councils are:
- Cambrian Caving Council
- Council of Northern Caving Clubs
- Council of Southern Caving Clubs
- Derbyshire Caving Association
- Devon & Cornwall Underground Council
- "Sporting activities and Governing Bodies recognised by the Sports Councils" (PDF). UK Sport. Retrieved 18 November 2012.