|Created by||Andy Müller-Maguhn|
BuggedPlanet.info is a Wiki created in 2011 by Andy Müller-Maguhn, former spokesman of the Chaos Computer Club, that tries to list and track down the activities of the surveillance industry in the fields of "Lawful interception", Signals intelligence (SIGINT), Communications intelligence (COMINT) as well as tactical and strategical measures used to intercept communications and the vendors and governmental and private operators of this technology.
The site maintains a list of vendors of cyberweapons and surveillance technologies as well as a "country knowledgebase" that aims to accumulate country-specific news, activities and vendors on the topic. A special focus is placed on vendors that sell such technologies to undemocratic countries and related lobbying efforts.
The Spy Files
In December 2011 Privacy International and WikiLeaks collaborated with BuggedPlanet when they released documents collected from a number of surveillance trade shows and conferences included brochures, catalogues, technical specifications, contracts and pricelists for the products of around 160 companies.
- Greis, Friedhelm (24 July 2014). "Ein warmes Mittagessen für den Staatstrojaner". Retrieved 31 May 2015.
- "28th Chaos Communication Congress - BuggedPlanet". Chaos Computer Club. 2012-01-07. Retrieved 31 May 2015.
- "BuggedPlanet - About". BuggedPlanet.info. Retrieved 31 May 2015.
- Klofta, Jasmin. "Die Achse des Guten". daserste.ndr.de. Das Erste. Retrieved 31 May 2015.
- Ammann, Thomas; Aust, Stefan (10 October 2014). Digitale Diktatur: Totalüberwachung Cyberkrieg Datenmissbrauch. Econ. ISBN 978-3430201827. Retrieved 31 May 2015.
- Horchert, Judith (13 September 2013). "Überwachungssoftware: Hacker auf der dunklen Seite". SPIEGEL Online. Retrieved 31 May 2015.
- "The Spyfiles". WikiLeaks. Retrieved 21 December 2012.
- Greenberg, Andy. "WikiLeaks Unveils 160 Firms' Surveillance Gear Sales Docs, Still No Submissions System". Forbes. Retrieved 31 May 2015.
|This journalism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|