Bungalow Heaven, Pasadena, California
Bungalow Heaven Historic District
Bungalow Heaven Landmark District
|Location||Roughly bounded by N. Mentor Ave., E. Orange Grove Blvd., E. Washington Blvd., N. Michigan & N. Chester Aves., Pasadena, California|
|Area||125 acres (51 ha)|
|Architectural style||Late 19th And 20th Century Revivals, Bungalow/craftsman|
|MPS||Residential Architecture of Pasadena: Influence of the Arts and Crafts Movement MPS|
|NRHP reference #||08000260|
|Added to NRHP||April 10, 2008|
Bungalow Heaven is a neighborhood in Pasadena, California named for the more than 800 small craftsman homes built there from 1900 to 1930, most of which still stand. Much of the area became a landmark district in 1989 and annual historic home tours have been conducted in Bungalow Heaven every year since then.
The rough borders of the landmark district are Washington Boulevard to the north, Orange Grove Boulevard to the south, Mentor Avenue to the west, and N. Chester Avenue to the east. The entire neighborhood is typically extended to Lake Avenue to the west and Hill Avenue to the east.
All commercial development lies just outside the landmark area, on Lake Avenue and (to a small extent) Washington Boulevard. At the center of the neighborhood is McDonald Park.
Bungalow Heaven is served by Longfellow and Jefferson Elementary Schools, Eliot Middle School, and Pasadena High School.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Yates, Stephanie A. (2001). Best Places Los Angeles. Sasquatch Books. p. 206. ISBN 1-57061-278-1.
- Arts & Crafts Homes and the Revival. Home Buyer Publications. 2009. p. 76. ISSN 1559-6117.
- Bates, Colleen D. (2006). Hometown Pasadena: The Insider's Guide. Prospect Park Publishing. p. 72. ISBN 0-9753939-1-X.
- "National Register of Historic Places listings". April 18, 2008.
- Old House Interiors. September 2002. p. 108. ISSN 1079-3941.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bungalow Heaven, Pasadena, California.|