6 April 1974 |
|Occupation||author, life coach and Ballroom dancer|
|Spouse(s)||Kevin Sacre (m. 2010)|
Life Coaching Career
Camilla has founded her own coaching and mindful living business Zenme and now lives in Los Angeles. She has written two self-help books "Strictly Inspirational" & "Reinvent ME" published by Watkins and is a popular coach and mediation facilitator in Los Angeles.
Dallerup was born in Aalborg, where she started dancing at the age of two and a half when her mother took her to her first class. She won the Danish Junior Championships at the age of 12. Dallerup later moved to London, United Kingdom, where she lived and competed with Brendan Cole, who also became her fiancé. In 2003, Dallerup and Cole were placed third in Latin American at the UK Closed Championships, and in the top 12 of the world professionals at the open British championships. From 2004 Ian Waite has been her professional dance partner and they were placed second for Latin American at the 2005 UK Closed Championships and in the semi-final of the International championships at the Royal Albert Hall in 2004.
Strictly Come Dancing
Dallerup is best known to a wide audience for her appearances on the BBC's dance competition, Strictly Come Dancing, on which she appeared as a professional dancer in the first six series from 2004 to 2008. She won the show for the first time in 2008, partnering Holby City actor Tom Chambers. She subsequently revealed she would not be returning to the show for the 2009 series claiming that she had made her decision before she won with Chambers. She did however go on tour with Strictly Come Dancing in early 2009 with 2008 partner Tom Chambers.
On 5 October 2009, on BBC Breakfast, she announced she would not compete in further series of Strictly Come Dancing.
In 2005, Dallerup co-hosted the CBBC show Dance Factory with Nigel Clarke and Reggie Yates. During her time as Gethin Jones' partner on Strictly Come Dancing, she made multiple appearances on Blue Peter. In 2008, she appeared as a contestant on the second series of The Underdog Show, finishing in third place.
On 1 September 2007, Dallerup represented the UK, the host nation, at the first Eurovision Dance Contest, placing fifteenth out of sixteen couples with 18 points. In 2009, she was a judge on Skate Nation for BBC Two and CBBC.
In November 2009, Dallerup entered the Australian jungle as a contestant on the ninth series of the British reality television series I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!. Dallerup quit the show after being severely weakened by exhaustion and lack of food.
Watkins publishing house published Camilla's first book "Strictly Inspirational" in January 2015. It's a self-help & autobiography based on the premise, how I learnt to Dream, Act, Believe to Succeed. Available in the UK and US. Her second self-help book "Reinvent me", also published by Watkins, is available on Amazon and out July 2017.
- 2011: Dallerup played the part of Elaine in Tim Firth's stage adaptation of the film Calendar Girls opposite her husband, Kevin Sacre.
- 2011: Dallerup played the Genie in Aladdin Pantomime in Milton Keynes UK.
- 2012: She starred as the Fairy Godmother in Cinderella Pantomime Telford, UK.
- 2013: She starred as the Fairy Godmother in Cinderella Bridlington, UK.
- 2014–15: She starred as the Fairy Godmother in the Cinderella pantomime at Chesterfield Pomegranate Theatre, UK.
- 2015–16: She starred as the Fairy Godmother in the Cinderella pantomime at Worthing Pavilion theatre, UK.
Dallerup had danced and lived with Brendan Cole for six years before the first series of Strictly. In an interview, she explains that they had purchased a house and shared bank accounts and e-mail address. Cole's alleged affair with Strictly partner, Natasha Kaplinsky was "shattering".
- "The last dance for Camilla and Brendan". bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-11-07.
- ZENDLE, MIRIAM (4 January 2009). "Strictly champion Camilla Dallerup reveals she will QUIT the show before next series". Mail Online. Retrieved 2017-11-07.
- HARDY, REBECCA (8 August 2009). "Camilla Dallerup: My life fell apart following the affair rumours between Brendon Cole and Natasha Kaplinsky". Mail Online. Retrieved 2017-11-07.
- Price, Annie (3 January 2015). "Strictly star Camilla Dallerup speaks out about 'humiliating' split with Brendan Cole". Express.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-11-07.
- "Camilla Dallerup: 'I don't want a single sequin on my wedding dress'". mirror. 9 August 2009. Retrieved 2017-11-07.