Sealink Terminal, Cape Jervis
|Population||202 (2011 census)|
|Location||88 km (55 mi) from Adelaide|
|LGA(s)||District Council of Yankalilla|
|Region||Fleurieu and Kangaroo Island|
|County||County of Hindmarsh|
Cape Jervis is a town in the Australian state of South Australia located near the western tip of Fleurieu Peninsula on the southern end of the Main South Road approximately 88 kilometres (55 mi) south of the state capital of Adelaide.
It overlooks the coastline adjoining the following three bodies of water - Gulf St Vincent, Investigator Strait and Backstairs Passage. It also overlooks the following facilities both located at the headland of Cape Jervis - the Cape Jervis Lighthouse and the port used by Kangaroo Island SeaLink who operates the ferry service to Penneshaw on Kangaroo Island.
In the 2011 census, the population was 202 and which is reported as growing rapidly, with a new estate (Cape Jervis Heights) situated behind the main town. Cape Jervis is located within the local government area of the District Council of Yankalilla.
Cape Jervis is the starting point for the Heysen Trail, a walking track of 1,200 kilometres (750 mi) length which finishes at Parachilna Gorge in the Flinders Ranges. Venues of interest to visitors to the town include the Deep Creek Conservation Park, the Talisker Conservation Park and two nearby beaches - Morgan's Beach (with the remains of the trawler Ellen) and Fisheries Beach (with remains of an old whaling station). Cape Jervis is also notable as a point of embarkment for fishing charters.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Cape Jervis (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 2016-03-17.
- "Cape Jervis, South Australia (Postcode)". postcodes-australia.com. Retrieved 14 November 2016.
- "Fleurieu Kangaroo Island SA Government region" (PDF). The Government of South Australia. Retrieved 17 April 2017.
- "Search result for "Second Valley (Locality Bounded)" (Record no SA0012218) with the following layers selected - "Suburbs and Localities" and " Place names (gazetteer)"". Property Location Browser. Government of South Australia. Retrieved 14 November 2016.
- "District of Finniss Background Profile". ELECTORAL COMMISSION SA. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- "Federal electoral division of Mayo, boundary gazetted 16 December 2011" (PDF). Australian Electoral Commission. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- "Summary (climate) statistics PARAWA (SECOND VALLEY FOREST AWS)". Commonwealth of Australia , Bureau of Meteorology. Retrieved 8 January 2016.
- Development Plan, Yankililla (DC) Consolidated – 10 January 2013 (PDF). Government of South Australia. 2014. p. 54. Retrieved 27 November 2014.
- National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (2010). Pub175, Sailing directions (enroute) north, west, and south coast of Australia (PDF) (10th ed.). National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA). p. 210. Retrieved 16 May 2014.
- "Jervis, Cape (The Manning Index of South Australian History)". The State Library of South Australia. Archived from the original on 11 November 2014. Retrieved 27 November 2014.
- "Towns". The District Council of Yankalilla. Retrieved 27 November 2014.
- "Cape Jervis (2)". Russ Rowlett and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Retrieved 27 November 2014.
- "Getting You to iconic Kangaroo Island". Sealink Travel Group. Retrieved 27 November 2014.
- "The Heysen Trail". Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources. Retrieved 27 November 2014.