Change (In the House of Flies)
|"Change (In the House of Flies)"|
|Single by Deftones|
|from the album White Pony|
"No Ordinary Love"
|Released||June 27, 2000|
|Length||4:59 (full version)
3:55 (radio edit/music video)
|Deftones singles chronology|
"Change (In the House of Flies)", often referred to as "Change", is a song by the American alternative metal band Deftones, released as the first single from their third album White Pony in June 2000. It remains their most commercially successful single to date, peaking at number three in Billboard's Modern Rock Tracks chart, number nine in the Mainstream Rock Tracks chart, and at 53 in the UK Singles Chart. The song is featured on the Muchmusic compilation album Big Shiny Tunes 5.
|1.||"Change (In the House of Flies)"||Deftones||4:58|
|3.||"No Ordinary Love" (Sade cover)||Sade Adu and Stuart Matthewman||5:32|
- An acoustic version appears on the MTV The Return of the Rock, Vol. 2 compilation and was also included in the band's B-Sides & Rarities album.
- The EBM/industrial group Ayria has recorded a cover of this song for the special 2CD version of their Hearts For Bullets album.
- Breaking Benjamin, along with Shaun Morgan of Seether and Barry Stock of Three Days Grace, performed a live cover of this song during the spring leg of their 2008 tour.
- The song was used in the movies Queen of the Damned, Little Nicky and in the 2002 American release of the Japanese anime film Dragon Ball Z: Cooler's Revenge. It was also used in the tv shows Alias, the pilot episode of the short lived series Wolf Lake and The Following as well as in the trailer to the seventh season of Dexter. Also used in the June 30, 2014, Major Crimes episode 'Letting It Go'.
- "Billboard.com - Artist Chart History — Deftones: Singles". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2007-12-23.
- "UK Singles Top 75 - Music Charts". Navigate to appropriate week. acharts.us. Retrieved 2007-12-23.
- B-Sides & Rarities liner notes.
- "Ayria — Hearts For Bullets official tracklist". www.ayria.com. Retrieved 2008-09-11.