|Line(s)||Gyeongbu High Speed Railway|
|Passengers (2012)||KTX: 14,556|
|Daily ridership||Based on Jan-Dec of 2012.
Line 1: 4,190
|Date opened||March 30, 2007|
|Platforms/tracks||2 / 4|
Cheonan–Asan Station (Onyangoncheon) is a ground-level train station located mostly in Asan, Chungcheongnam-do, although part of it lies in the neighboring city of Cheonan. This station serves high-speed KTX trains that run from Seoul to either Busan or Mokpo. It is connected to (and it is possible to transfer to trains which stop at) Asan Station, a railway station on the Janghang Line which is also served by Line 1 of the Seoul Subway. Asan Station was opened to facilitate access to the KTX station.
The location of Cheonan–Asan Station was finalised on June 14, 1993, though construction did not begin until July 22, 1996. The planned name of "Onyang Oncheon Station" was changed to "Cheonan-Asan Station" on November 20, 2003, and the station building was completed on March 27 the following year. The station opened for business four days later, on April 1, 2004.
Cheonan–Asan Station serves select KTX trains on the Gyeongbu and Honam lines. (KTX services calling at Suwon do not pass through Cheonan-Asan, and not all KTX trains that do pass through will stop at Cheonan-Asan.) Asan Station, meanwhile, is served by all Saemaul and Mugunghwa services on the Janghang Line.
- Result of Cheonan-Asan Station on Gyeongbu HSR.
- Monthly Number of Passengers between General Railroad Stations. Korea Transportation Database, 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-15.
- Result of Asan Station on Janghang Line.
- Monthly Number of Passengers between Subway Stations. Korea Transportation Database, 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-15.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cheonan-Asan Station.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Asan Station.|
- (Korean) Cheonan-Asan Station on Doas
- Korea Train eXpress
- Route Map
- (Korean) Cheonan–Asan Station information from Korail
- (Korean) Asan Station information from Korail
|Preceding station||Seoul Metropolitan Subway||Following station|