|Location||618-496 Yeongdeungpo-dong, |
|September 18, 1899|
15 August, 1974 (Line 1)
|Line 1 opened|
|Passengers||(Daily) Based on Jan-Dec of 2012.|
Line 1: 113,606
Yeongdeungpo Station (Station 139) is a ground-level railway station in Seoul, South Korea. The station is located in Yeongdeungpo Dong, Yeongdeungpo-gu, and is a stop on the Gyeongbu Line, Honam Line and Seoul Subway Line 1. The station is integrated into the Yeongdeungpo Lotte Department Store. Located in the station are Lotteria, Dunkin' Donuts, Krispy Kreme, and KFC.
Yeongdeungpo Station opened on September 18, 1899, as a stop on the Gyeongin Line. On April 1, 1936, trains on the Gyeongbu Line began calling here. The station's name was changed to "Namgyeongseong" (South Gyeongseong, Gyeongseong being the then name of Seoul), but it reverted to its current name on April 1, 1943, and on January 1, 1949, the station was given "Level 5" in its classification of importance. The station building was destroyed on June 30, 1950, five days after the beginning of the Korean War, and a new building was not completed until January 12, 1965. On February 1, 1968, the station was deemed to be of "Level 4" importance. Trains on the Seoul Subway began running through Yeongdeungpo on August 15, 1974. The station stopped handling freight on May 1, 2006.
The first train on weekdays (not including national holidays) is at 5.04 a.m. northbound and 5.05 a.m. southbound, while the last is at 00.04 a.m. northbound and 00.24 a.m. southbound. Travel time from Yeongdeungpo to Seoul Station on Line 1 is 16 minutes, and travelling to Suwon takes 45 minutes, with trains to Incheon taking 53 minutes.
The following places may be accessed from the exits as listed below.
- Exit 1 : Lotte Department Store, Yeongdeungpo Market, Shinsegae Department Store
- Exit 2 : Singil Dong; "Rear Exit"
- Exit 3 : Yeongdeungpo Tax Office, Yeongdeungpo Post Office, Lotte Department Store
- Exit 4 : Yeongdeungpo Fire Station
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Yeongdeungpo Station.|
- "영등포역" (in Korean). KRIC. Retrieved 2015-10-07.
- "영등포역" (in Korean). Doosan Encyclopedia. Retrieved 2015-10-07.
- Monthly Number of Passengers between General Railroad Stations Archived 2014-10-08 at the Wayback Machine. Korea Transportation Database, 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-15.
- Monthly Number of Passengers between Subway Stations Archived 2014-10-06 at the Wayback Machine. Korea Transportation Database, 2013. Retrieved 2013-10-15.