China Formula Grand Prix
China Formula Grand Prix (CFGP) (Chinese: 中国方程式大奖赛), formerly known as Asian Geely Formula International Open Competition, is an open wheel formula racing class in China.
The car, co-designed by Geely, China's biggest private-owned vehicle producer and racing cars production company Van Diemen, marks the first time that a Chinese domestic car producer is involved in the racing car design.
CFGP uses a 1.8-litre 4G18 engine; the car weighs 490 kg and has a maximum speed of 240 km/h. The engine can produce 140 bhp at 6,300 rpm and 172 N/m of torque at 4,100 rpm. After an adjustment to the ECU, the engine can rev up to 8,500 rpm producing 200 bhp.
2011 season calendar
- 11–12 June Chengdu International Circuit, Chengdu
- 13-14 Aug Ordos International Circuit, Ordos
- 15-16 Oct Goldenport Park Circuit, Beijing
- 19-20 Nov Guangdong International Circuit, Zhaoqing
- 19–20 May Guangdong International Circuit, Zhaoqing
- 28–29 July Ordos International Circuit, Ordos
- 18-19 Aug Goldenport Park Circuit, Beijing
- 17-18 Nov Chengdu International Circuit, Chengdu
- Asian Geely Formula Aims to Breed Local Formula Drivers china.org.cn (China Daily April 25, 2006)
- CFGP introduction
- Geely racing car showed up at Times Square in New York
- 2012 Race Calendar China Formula Grand Prix. Retrieved on 12 July 2012.
- Official website (simplified Chinese)