Cimorelli performing in 2014
|Origin||Sacramento, California, United States|
|Genres||Vocal group, Teen pop|
Cimorelli // is a singing group popularized on YouTube and signed to Universal Music's Island label. Cimorelli is made up of six sisters, Christina, Katherine, Lisa, Amy, Lauren, and Dani. Their singing style is mostly using a cappella with occasional instruments. They started posting covers of songs on YouTube, before releasing original songs. As of November 2014[update], the group has released five Extended Plays. In 2014, their YouTube series, Summer with Cimorelli, is set to be aired on MTV soon.
In 2007, the oldest five girls of the family launched Cimorelli as a vocal group. They recorded covers of charting songs and uploaded them to YouTube every few weeks.
In 2008, the girls released their first EP. Each song was written by Christina and Lauren with the vocal harmonies arranged by Lisa. It has not been released under a record label, but it consists of the following songs:
- "Singing My Song"
- "On the Radio"
- "Hello There"
- "Everything Has Changed"
- "Do You Know"
Cimorelli became clients of Sugababes manager Sarah Stennett in 2009. In 2010, their youngest sister, Dani joined the band. The entire family of 11 children moved to Southern California so the girls could pursue their music career. They signed with Universal, and released the CimFam EP in iTunes on December 6, 2011. The EP features an original song and five covers.
- "Million Bucks", an original song written by Christina, vocal arrangements by Lisa.
- "Price Tag", originally by Jessie J.
- "Dynamite", originally by Taio Cruz.
- "What Makes You Beautiful", originally by One Direction.
- "Skyscraper", originally by Demi Lovato.
- "All I Want for Christmas Is You", originally by Mariah Carey.
2012: Believe It EP
In May 2012, Cimorelli won "The Bieber-Off", a contest by Ryan Seacrest where they covered Justin Bieber's hit "Boyfriend". In July, they were nominated for "Choice Web Star" at the 2012 Teen Choice Awards.
On December 3, Cimorelli announced they will be releasing the EP, Believe It on iTunes and Amazon, and their title track's music video on their VEVO YouTube channel, on December 11. The EP contains the following tracks:
- "Believe It"
- "You Got Me Good"
- "Wings" (acoustic)
- "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town"
A teaser trailer and sample of their EP was released on December 7.
2013: Made in America EP
On June 18 Cimorelli released their fourth EP named "Made in America". It consisted of four songs which were all original – one of which was a studio version of their song "Wings".
- "Made In America"
- "The Way We Live"
- "Whatcha Think About Us"
2014: Renegade EP
On May 4, 2014, Cimorelli performed at DigiFest in London. On June 7, 2014, Cimorelli performed at DigiFest NYC. On June 14, 2014, Cimorelli performed at DigiFest Toronto. In June 2014, Cimorelli launched a web series entitled "Summer with Cimorelli", which was sponsored by the restaurant franchise Subway. Cimorelli began releasing new music on June 5, 2014 with their first single from their upcoming EP/Album "What I Do". The second single "Everything You Have", also featured in the girls' web series, was released on June 9, 2014. On August 25, 2014, the girls released their third single "Come Over".
Cimorelli released their fifth EP, Renegade, on October 27, 2014.
- "I Got You"
- "That Girl Should Be Me"
- "You're Worth It"
The group's Christmas EP, Christmas Magic, came out on November 24, 2014. The album is entirely a Capella.
- Christina Lynne Cimorelli (born August 12, 1990) – founder, choreographer, vocal arrangements, songwriter, occasional pianist, occasional video editor (2007–present)
- Katherine Ann Cimorelli (born March 4, 1992) – occasional bassist (2007–present)
- Lisa Michelle Cimorelli (born September 19, 1993) – harmony arrangements, occasional pianist, occasional drummer, video editor (2007–present)
- Amy Elizabeth Cimorelli (born July 1, 1995) – occasional guitarist, occasional pianist (2007–present)
- Lauren Christine Cimorelli (born August 12, 1998) – occasionally plays tambourine, occasional pianist (2007–present)
- Danielle "Dani" Nicole Cimorelli (born June 15, 2000) – occasional video editor, occasional guitarist (See San Jose performance), occasional choreographer (Boom Clap cover). (2010–present)
Awards and nominations
|2013||Cimorelli||Teen Choice Award for Choice Web Star||Won|
|2014||Cimorelli||Teen Choice Award for Choice Web Star: Music||Nominated|
|2015||Cimorelli||Teen Choice Award for Choice Music Group: Female ||Nominated|
- Cimorelli, Allmusic
- "EDITORS' PICK—Best Brother/Sister Act – Sacramento, California". Sacmag.com. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- "Archives > Malibu Life > Sisterhood of the traveling band". Malibu Times. 2011-05-13. Retrieved 2011-10-18.
- Murray, Michael (2012-05-25). "Winner of 'The Bieber-Off' – Cimorelli". RyanSeacrest.com. Ryan Seacrest Productions. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- Henderson, Garnet (2012-07-18). "Interview: Cimorelli Are Giving the Jonas Brothers a Run for Their Money". Crushable.com. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- Vulpo, Michael (2012-12-11). "Cimorelli Celebrates The Release Of Their EP With ‘Believe It’ Music Video". RyanSeacrest.com. Retrieved 2012-12-12.
- "Cimorelli – Believe It EP – Out December 11th". Cimorelli Music. 2012-12-03. Retrieved 2012-12-07.
- "Cimorelli – Believe It Trailer". Cimorelli Music. 2012-12-07. Retrieved 2012-12-07.
- Mariano, Maureen. "Cimorelli Releases ‘Made in America’ EP". Ryan Seacrest. Retrieved 2 July 2014.
- Swift, Andy. "Teen Choice Awards Winners 2013: One Direction & More — Full List". Hollywood Life. Retrieved 2 July 2014.
- "2014 Teen Choice Awards – News". Teenchoiceawards.com. Retrieved 2014-08-11.
- "2015 Teen Choice Awards". Teenchoiceawards.com. Retrieved 3 December 2015.