|Date of birth||23 July 2000|
|Place of birth||Argenteuil, France|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive midfielder|
|2006–2010||ASC Val d'Argenteuil|
|2017–2018||Paris Saint-Germain B||1||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 5 August 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 24 July 2019
Claudio Gomes (born 23 July 2000) is a French footballer who plays as a defensive midfielder for English club Manchester City and the France national under-19 team. Prior to signing for Manchester City in 2018, he represented Paris Saint-Germain B, having played youth football with that club and a number of other French teams.
Born in Argenteuil, Val-d'Oise on 23 July 2000, Gomes played as a youth for ASC Val d'Argenteuil and RFC Argenteuil, two teams in his hometown, before joining Évreux in 2011 and Paris Saint-Germain two years later.
Gomes made his senior debut for PSG's reserves on 18 November 2017, his one appearance for the club. He came on as a 79th-minute substitute for Abdallah Yaisien in a 2–1 home loss to Yzeure in the Championnat National 2 (fourth tier).
On 25 July 2018, Gomes signed with Manchester City. He had trained with the club since the expiry of his PSG contract in June, and been on their pre-season tour of the United States, but they chose to wait for him to turn 18 before signing him. He made his professional debut on 5 August in a 2–0 win over Chelsea in the 2018 FA Community Shield at Wembley Stadium, coming on in added time for John Stones. He was in the game for one second before the final whistle blew and his team won the trophy.
Gomes is a youth international for France, having captained the France U17s at the 2017 UEFA European Under-17 Championship, and the 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup. He was named in the team of the tournament at the former in Croatia, in which the French reached the quarter-finals. In France's opening match at the latter tournament in India, he scored in a 7–1 win over New Caledonia.
In August 2018, Gomes was called up for the first time to the under-19 team for friendlies against Slovenia, Croatia and India. He was selected for the 2019 UEFA European Under-19 Championship in Armenia.
Style of play
Gomes is the son of Bissau-Guinean footballer Amarildo Gomes, who was developing at Beauvais and Rennes before retiring through a knee injury. As of 2017, his two younger brothers were playing for Le Havre and Évreux. A 2016 profile of Gomes by Le Parisien noted his passion for history, particularly the French Revolution.
- As of match played 1 November 2018
|Club||Season||League||National Cup||League Cup||Europe||Other||Total|
|Paris Saint-Germain B||2017–18||National 2||1||0||—||—||—||—||1||0|
|Manchester City||2018–19||Premier League||0||0||0||0||1||0||0||0||1[a]||0||2||0|
- Appearance in FA Community Shield
- Corless, Liam (5 August 2018). "Who is Claudio Gomes? French teenager profiled after Manchester City transfer".
- Marie, Réginald (1 September 2017). "Six choses à savoir sur le capitaine des Bleuets qui évolue au Paris Saint-Germain" [Six things to know about the Bluets captain who is growing at Paris Saint-Germain]. Le Populaire du Centre (in French). Retrieved 5 August 2018.
- Gineste, Franck (17 November 2017). "Football, National 2 : première défaite à domicile pour la réserve du PSG contre Yzeure (1–2)" [Football, National 2: first home defeat for PSG reserves against Yzeure (1–2)]. Le Parisien (in French). Retrieved 5 August 2018.
- "City Signs Claudio Gomes". Manchester City F.C.
- Corless, Liam (5 August 2017). "Who is Claudio Gomes? French teenager profiled after Manchester City transfer". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 5 August 2018.
- Bevan, Chris (5 August 2018). "Chelsea 0–2 Manchester City". BBC Sport. Retrieved 5 August 2018.
- "Is this the shortest debut in football history?". Yahoo!. 7 August 2018. Retrieved 8 August 2018.
- "Les dix-huit joueurs pour l'Euro 2017" [The eighteen players for Euro 2017] (in French). FFF.
- "La France au Mondial U17 avec Geubbels et Isidor" [France at the I17 World Cup with Geubbels and Isidor]. L'Équipe (in French).
- "Technical Report – Team of the Tournament". UEFA. Retrieved 17 December 2017.
- "France prove too strong for New CaledoniaFrance prove too strong for New Caledonia". FIFA. 8 October 2017. Retrieved 5 August 2018.
- Chochois, Alexandre (28 August 2018). "France U19 : La liste pour les trois amicaux" [France U19: The list for the three friendlies] (in French). Foot National. Retrieved 8 September 2018.
- "Euro U19. La liste des Bleuets pour la phase finale en Arménie" [U19 Euros. List of Bluets for the final phase in Armenia]. Ouest-France (in French). 1 July 2019. Retrieved 17 July 2019.
- "Claudio Gomes se révèle déjà en bleu" [Claudio Gomes revealing himself already in blue]. Le Parisien (in French).
- "Amarildo Gomes - Jubilado". Football Database.
- Claudio Gomes at Soccerway. Retrieved 9 August 2018.
- "Games played by Claudio Gomes in 2018/2019". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 9 August 2018.