Coleby, North Lincolnshire
Coleby is a hamlet in the civil parish of West Halton in North Lincolnshire, England. It is situated approximately 7 miles (11 km) north from Scunthorpe, and 3 miles (5 km) south from the River Humber.
Coleby has 28 dwellings including 3 farms: Eastdale Farm, Hall Farm and Manor Farm. The village has allotments, but no shops or public houses, and its telephone box was removed in 2008. Public Transport is provided by Stagecoach Lincolnshire and subsidised by North Lincolnshire Council.
Internet is delivered by ADSL through underground, waxed-paper insulated copper wires that were laid by the GPO in 1955. FTTC is not yet available because the cabinet is too far away. As of July 2018, FTTP/Ultrafast broadband is now available in the village with a speed guarantee of at least 100Mb with ULTRAFAST FIBRE 2 PLUS Average speed 300Mb from BT.
- Mills, A. D. A Dictionary of English Place-Names, Oxford University Press, 1991 ISBN 0-19-869156-4
- Coleby Allotments, Retrieved 10 July 2013
- Bus Service Operators Grant Archived 21 April 2015 at the Wayback Machine, citation for the pedants
- Where and when - Superfast Fibre Broadband, citation for the pedants, Postcode = DN15 9AL
- , I kid you not, it's all true.