Danz of Computer Magic performing at WWW club in Tokyo, Japan in February 2016.
|Birth name||Danielle Johnson|
|Also known as||Danz|
|Born||Rock Hill, New York|
|Genres||Synthpop, Indie rock|
|Labels||Kitsuné, White Iris, P-Vine Records, Tugboat Records|
|Moog, Novation, Dave Smith Instruments|
Computer Magic is the electronic music solo-project of American musician and producer Danielle "Danz" Johnson from Brooklyn, NY. She is the singer, writer, composer, and often the producer for Computer Magic. Her musical influences include Radiohead, Broadcast and Stereolab. She has also listed Philip K. Dick and Barbarella as further influences.  Her music has been described as otherworldly cosmic-pop. She has maintained success in Japan and has gained a cult following in the United States.
She began producing music at her mother's house whilst on hiatus from New York in Tampa, FL. There, she taught herself how to make music. She has stated that she writes music entirely by ear.
Since 2011, Computer Magic has released seven self-produced EPs and one studio EP with White Iris  A number of Computer Magic's songs are released for free at first, giving fans a chance to download them before they go up for digital sale on iTunes. About this, Danz has said that "The more people that have your music and enjoy it the better.".
Computer Magic released her first LP entitled Davos on October 16, 2015 with her own record label in the US, Channel 9 Records with Kobalt Label Services, and in Japan with Tugboat and P-Vine Records.
She recorded the songs with Claudius Mittendorfer over the course of 2 years in New York, New York. The title Davos is a homage to a now-'decrepit' ski resort where Johnson grew up in upstate New York, where her dad worked and still resides although the ski resort closed when Johnson was 3 years old.
The video for the first single off the album, Be Fair, features Danz in a space crash that was filmed in Trona Pinnacles. The video for the second single Fuzz features Danz in dramatic futuristic wardrobe, through which Danz splits her time between light and dark roles.
Computer Magic has released four full-length records in Japan with Tugboat Records and P-Vine Records. The first record entitled Scientific Experience, debuted at #5 on the iTunes Japanese Electronic Music Chart. Her January 2015 release "Mindstate" debuted at #1 on the iTunes Japanese Electronic Music Chart.
- 2015: Davos
- 2016: Obscure but Visible - EP [Vinyl + Digital + Cd]
- 2015: Dreams of Better Days- EP
- 2014: Extra Stuff - EP [Vinyl + Digital]
- 2013: A Million Years / Another Science - EP [Vinyl + Digital]
- 2012: Kitsuné:Orion - EP
- 2011: Spectronic - EP
- 2011: Electronic Fences - EP [Vinyl + Digital]
- 2010: Hiding From More of Our Time - EP
- 2010: Hiding From Our Time - EP
- 2015: Mindstate
- 2013: Phonetics
- 2012: Scientific Experience
- 2011: The End of Time
- 2012: Trinity
- 2013: A Million Years
- 2013: Moving Forward
- 2014: All I Ever Wanted 
- 2015: Mindstate 
- 2015: Be Fair 
- 2015: Hudson 
- 2016: Fuzz 
- 2016: Dimensions 
- 2017: Been Waiting 
- Stereogum "Band to Watch" July 1st, 2012 retrieved Dec 26th 2013
- De Los Angeles, Kim "Biography - Official Site" March 3rd, 2015
- Patrick, Bob "Interview with Computer Magic" May 19th, 2016 retrieved July 21st, 2016
- Cihak, Izzy "Interview: Computer Magic's Sugar-Coated, Sonic Science Fiction" April 6th, 2013 retrieved Dec 26th 2013
- Golden, Zara "The Fader - Computer Magic Shares Tone Setting Second Single, Fuzz" October 16th, 2015 retrieved July 22nd, 2016
- Robbins Jr., David D. "Computer Magic - Shipwrecking" February 6th, 2016
- i-D Magazine "I-D Magazine Computer Magic’s Sci-fi Synth Pop is Already Big in Japan" November 5th 2015 retrieved December 28th 2015
- Stratosphere, Jen "Audio Premiere: "Change My Mind (Computer Magic Remix) - Stone Cold Fox" March 10th, 2016 retrieved March 10th, 2016
- Johnson, Andy "Interview: Computer Magic" January 18th, 2013 retrieved December 26th 2013
- Last.FM "Bio"
- Stratosphere, Jen "Q&A with Computer Magic" April 12, 2012 retrieved Dec 26th 2013
- " Retrieved August 8th 2013
- Raven + Crow Studio " February 18th 2014 retrieved February 18th 2014
- White Iris "White Iris Records" retrieved Dec 26th 2013
- "Lexus International Strobe - Ad Break Anthems" July 15th 2014, retrieved August 8th 2014
- "Aria Hotel and Casino 'Flowers' " May 25th 2014, retrieved August 8th 2014
- Made Music "Milk PREMIERE: BLAST INTO SPACE W/ COMPUTER MAGIC'S NEW VID" August 8th 2015 retrieved December 28th 2015
- Made Music "Stereogum PREMIERE: Computer Magic - Fuzz" February 23rd, 2016 retrieved March 10th 2016
- P-Vine "P-Vine Artist Bio" November 23rd 2012 retrieved December 26th 2013
- "Scientific Experience debut at #5" December 20th, 2012 retrieved December 26th 2013
- "Mindstate Japanese Release" January 22nd 2015 retrieved January 29th 2015
- "Public Rhythm - Computer MagicがPanasonicのCMソングを書き下ろし" August 8th 2015, retrieved December 26th, 2015
- "Official Site - QP Commercial in Japan" December 8th 2014, retrieved December 26th, 2015
- "Computer MagicがアパレルブランドMILKFED.の2013 HOLIDAYアンバサダーに就任！！" October 28th, 2013 retrieved December 26th 2013