|Population||1,654 (2011 Census)|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Ambulance||South East Coast|
Crockenhill is from Old English hyll "hill" . "Crocken" comes from the Old English 'crundel' meaning a 'chalk-pit, quarry' with 'hyll' as a 'hill'; therefore a 'quarry on the hill'.(kentpast.co.uk) There is also a village named Crockham Hill near Westerham.
Sport and leisure
Crockenhill has two Non-League football clubs: Crockenhill F.C. who play at Wested Meadow, and Eltham Palace F.C. who play at Green Court Sports Club. Both teams play in the Kent Invicta Football League at level 10 of the English football league system.
Crockenhill borders Swanley to the north and north east, Eynsford to the east and south east, Well Hill to the south, Orpington to the south west and St Mary Cray, Derry Downs and Kevington to the west and north west.
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 18 September 2016.
- "Listed Entry 1391291: All Saints Church". Historic. Archived from the original on 23 March 2016. Retrieved 20 July 2020.
- Pyramid Passion feature on Wested Meadow
- Eltham Palace official website – Home Accessed 20 June 2012
- Major, Alan. Hidden Kent. Countryside Books, 1994.