Defence Institute of High Altitude Research
|Director||Dr Om Prakash Chaurasia|
|Location||Leh, Ladakh, India|
The Defence Institute of High Altitude Research (DIHAR) is a defence laboratory of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) located in Leh city of Ladakh in India. It conducts research on cold arid agro-animal technologies.
In 2020, with an intent to make the DRDO leaner and more effective, it was proposed to merge the Defence Institute of Bio-Energy Research (DIBER), "Defence Institute of High Altitude Research" (DIHAR), and Defence Research Laboratory (DRL). The collaboration with the Defence Food Research Laboratory and the Central Food Technological Research Institute of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) will be enhanced.
DIHAR is headed by a director. The present director of DIHAR is Dr. Om Prakash Chaurasia.
- Siachen Base Camp (India)
- List of Antarctic research stations
- List of Antarctic field camps
- List of highest astronomical observatories
- Actual Ground Position Line (AGPL), India-Pakistan border across Siachen region
- Line of Actual Control (LAC), India-China border across Ladakh
- Line of Control (LoC), India-Pakistan border across Ladakh and Jammu and Kashmir
- Tourism and infrastructure
- "Defence Institute of High Altitude Research (DIHAR) | Defence Research and Development Organisation - DRDO, Ministry of Defence, Government of India". www.drdo.gov.in. Retrieved 2022-04-28.
- "DRDO establishes COVID-19 facility at Defence Institute of High Altitude Research". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2022-01-24.
- "Where is Defence Institute of High-Altitude Research (D - GKToday". www.gktoday.in. Retrieved 2022-01-24.
- DRDO to become leaner and more focused on futuristic technology, The Week, 25 April 2021.