|District of Delvinë
Rrethi i Delvinës
Map showing the district within Albania
|• Total||348 km2 (134 sq mi)|
|• Density||34/km2 (89/sq mi)|
Delvinë District or Delvina District (Albanian: Rrethi i Delvinës) was one of the thirty-six districts of Albania (which were dissolved in 2000) that is now part of Vlorë County. Its population of 11,985 included a substantial Greek community. The district had an area of 348 km². It is in the south of the country, and its capital was Delvinë.
The district consisted of the following municipalities:
Note: - urban municipalities in bold
- "POPULLSIA SIPAS PREFEKTURAVE, 2001–2010". Albanian Institute of Statistics. Archived from the original on 2011-07-24. Retrieved 2010-09-09.
- "POPULLSIA SIPAS RRETHEVE, 2001-2010". Albanian Institute of Statistics. Archived from the original on 2011-07-24. Retrieved 2010-09-09.
- The Albanians, a scattered people by Philippe Rekacewicz, Le Monde diplomatique, January 1999
- "Country Studies US: Greeks and Other Minorities". Retrieved September 6, 2006.
- Kallivretakis, Leonidas (1995). "Η ελληνική κοινότητα της Αλβανίας υπό το πρίσμα της ιστορικής γεωγραφίας και δημογραφίας [The Greek Community of Albania in terms of historical geography and demography]". In Veremis, Thanos. Ο Ελληνισμός της Αλβανίας [The Greeks of Albania]. University of Athens. pp. 25–58. ISBN 9600800545.
|This article about a specific location in Vlorë County, Albania, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|