Dera Bugti District
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Dera Bugti District|
Map of Balochistan with Dera Bugti District highlighted
|• Deputy Commissioner||Javed Nabi khoso Acting|
|• Total||10,159 km2 (3,922 sq mi)|
|Population (2005 Estimate)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+5)|
|Number of Tehsils||3|
The district is administratively subdivided into three sub-divisions, these are:
The chief of rahija sub tribe of bugti tribe Nawab Mir Aali Saleem Akbar Khan Bugti is the current tribal chief of dera bugti
The population at the 1998 census was 181,000. 98.9% of the people of the area are Muslim, and the predominant first language is Balochi (95.9%), although there are also groups of speakers of Punjabi (1.2%) and Saraiki (3%). The Bugti is the Baloch tribe in the district.
- PCO 1998, p. 13.
- Tehsils & Unions in the District of Dera Bugti - Government of Pakistan
- PCO 1998, p. 28.
- PCO 1998, p. 32.
- PCO 1998, p. 34.
- 1998 District Census report of Dera Bugti. Census publication. 24. Islamabad: Population Census Organization, Statistics Division, Government of Pakistan. 1999.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dera Bugti District.|
- Dera Bugti District at www.balochistan.gov.pk
- District Dera Bugti at www.balochistanpolice.gov.pk
- Ansar Burney Trust - Information on the Human Rights situation in Dera Bugti and Kohlu
|This Balochistan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|