|Occupation||Director, actor, Screenwriter|
Ramdoss was born in Villupuram to freedom fighter Ethirajalu Pillai and Poongavanam. As a youngster, he regularly watched films and during his time in college, he developed an interest in screenwriting. He later moved to Mylapore, Chennai in late 1979, attempting to make a career in the Tamil film industry where he became acquainted with then budding film maker Manobala, who was his neighbour. Manobala introduced him to film personalities including T. K. Mohan, for whom Ramdoss first wrote a song for in the unreleased film Karadi (1980). Ramdoss then worked with director P. S. Nivas on his first screenplay, and was given the writing credits for Enakkaga Kaathiru (1981) which starred Suman and Sumalatha. After working with Nivas, Ramdoss moved on to collaborate as an assistant director to Manivannan for six films, before moving on to work for producer Kovai Thambi for Motherland Pictures. The success of several of Thambi's films meant that he offered Ramdoss an opportunity to make his directorial debut through Aayiram Pookkal Malarattum (1986) which starred Mohan and Seetha in the lead roles. Despite a publicised fallout between the producer and the original music composer Ilaiyaraaja, the film became a success commercially. His next film Raaja Raajathan (1989) featured Ramarajan and Gouthami in the lead roles, and also did well at the box office.
Failing to get opportunities to work with bigger stars, Ramdoss next made two films with actor Mansoor Ali Khan, by helming the action drama Ravanan (1994) and the political satire, Vaazhga Jananayagam (1996). He also later got the opportunity to direct a portion in the multi-starrer Suyamvaram (1999), which was shot within 24 hours, and was made in charge of filming the track between Pandiarajan and Kasthuri. Apart from his credits as director, Ramdoss often collaborated with other film makers as a writer and contributed to films including Makkal Aatchi (1995) , "Sangamam" and Kanda Naal Mudhal (2005). He later began to get opportunities as an actor following his role as a ward boy in Vasool Raja MBBS (2004). He has since appeared as a police officer in Yuddham Sei (2011), Kakki Sattai (2015), Visaranai (2016), Dharma Durai (2016) and Vikram Vedha (2017) amongst other projects.
|1986||Aayiram Pookkal Malarattum||Tamil|
- Karadi (1980) (lyrics)
- Enakkaga Kaathiru (1981)
- Ellaichami (1992)
- Pon Vilangu (1993)
- Raja Muthirai (1995)
- Makkal Aatchi (1995)
- Rajali (1996)
- Adimai Changili (1997)
- Ini Ellam Sugame (1998)
- Kannathal (1998)
- Harikrishnans (1998) (Dialogues for Tamil version)
- Ethirum Pudhirum (1999)
- Sangamam (1999)
- Independence Day (2000)
- Kanda Naal Mudhal (2005)
- Yuga (2006)
- "E Ram Doss becomes a busy bee". chennaipatrikatv.com. Retrieved 6 September 2017.
- "Acting With Sivakarthikeyan Made Children Like Me | Actor E Ramdoss Interview About His Career |". YouTube. Retrieved 6 September 2017.
- "Actor-Director E Ramadoss Speaks About Dharmadurai Movie And Team - Nikkil SMS". YouTube. Retrieved 6 September 2017.
- "Yudham Sei review. Yudham Sei Tamil movie review, story, rating - IndiaGlitz Tamil". indiaglitz.com. Retrieved 6 September 2017.
- "Dharma Durai review. Dharma Durai Tamil movie review, story, rating - IndiaGlitz Tamil". indiaglitz.com. Retrieved 6 September 2017.
- "Balu mahendra's disciple directs Thappu Thanda". behindwoods.com. Retrieved 6 September 2017.